AT people get free pass on botting?

Fighting market bots has to be the most thankless job, it must feel like an endless wave after a while with f2p. It obviously would be the easiest thing probably to bot unfortunately.

Because there is a specific team that deals with reports of botting, support doesn’t deal with them

There is a separate process for reporting bots that bypasses support entirely

1 Like

Your thought is interesting.

I think you are right. When you meet a market bot you start to bot or you leave the market.

EVE is a game of PVP for me. Player against player. Bots are forbidden, they are not players.

If I meet a bot every day the game is not functioning in a correct way.

It is no difference if the Launcher is broken or if bots remain playing.

It does not work as the game should work.

You say I could do the botting as well but I do not want that.

I want to play the conflict game and not program my machine to do it for me.

2 Likes

Yes I did that. Every week one time and the bot is still there.

I wrote a ticket because I can give them info that I collect but they did not want the info.

I press the button instead with no further info. Okay.

One week. Next week. Again next week.

Every week the bot is there the game is broken.

I hear it takes time to find out details about bot. Okay. It is not good and not fast but I can try to accept.

Why only ban the bot 3 days after he can break the game for many month or years?

This together I do not understand. The bot make the game not functioning for players but CCP is so nice to the bot. Let us forgive him after 3 days.

What about players? When is CCP nice to them? Do we get money back because the bot makes the game not functioning? No. Nice to bot, not nice to players. Who thinks like this?

3 Likes

I do not think you need to believe me. You believe what you want.

If you think there is no problem with bots it is your right to believe this.

I do not think I can tell you who is the bot. It is said that this will not solve the problem but I will get punish.

I can tell you that bot is alt of AT player. While he fight his alt can make bid on contract like I describe.

Too fast. He can do this at any time of the day. When I bid on contract I already know it is one of his alt after 5 seconds.

This player made many Billions ISK with his bot. May be Trillion. May be all his AT team money come from bot over 8 years.

I give CCP more evidence and I think I can not give the same here as I say. They tell me go click button.

You do not have to think. I do not expect you to think.

I think it is a shame.

Bot makes game not functioning for other players.

When Launcher is not functioning CCP tell me what happen and when it work again.

Why not with bot?

They execute bot in public in the Highsec.

Every one know this is bot. Bot know you know I know CCP know.

They transport it to the Highsec and we kill it.

You say they can not tell us if they ban bot.

I think they can.

They can tell me or every one that they ban this bot.

If they do not tell the ban the bot already know the ban.

They can keep secret detailing but they can tell when they do the ban. When they tell me I know the game is functioning again.

What is the problem? Please explain.

1 Like

I do not dare to do this but I think you are having smart idea. Very smart.

Dude… I really really like your idea. You could further expand on it and have all different kinds, NS ratting, market, explo, etc. etc.

On top of that you can further record everything and make some really awesome videos and post them all over the place like Reddit for starters as well as all sorts of social media and get in touch with some of the gaming magazines. the ones that are paid off like IGN etc. will give you about as much attention as CCP will, but there are some legit ones left and the smaller ones and blogs too.

I bet that would ruffle some feathers.

Too bad that is just way too much work for me to do, there is just noway I will have the time or dedication for all that.

1 Like

Keep in mind that they go through banning cycles every couple months. They don’t do it on the spot. That’d be a bad idea.

1 Like

Maybe not as much time or dedication as you think. You could probably recruit a bunch of the haters from the wardec change thread. I bet they’d be happy to do whatever it takes to make CCP look bad.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Why is it bad idea?

If criminal commit crime and police can arrest him they will arrest him to protect other peoples.

If they do not arrest him they only have reason to catch more criminals for heavy crimes.

This is not always. If they catch criminal damaging life of other people they will stop it.

If they catch later they will protect other peoples in long time.

You tell me it is bad idea for arresting right now when bot is making game not function.

Other people suffer for bot.

Okay I want to believe and I wait.

CCP watches long time and bans for 3 days.

It is not protection against bot.

What do you say when police watch mafia for many month commit crime and let them go after 3 day with granma punishment?

If every one deal with rule like the CCP there is no rule.

Because if they do it the second they catch one bot, they give the maker of the bot a chance to adjust the bot to save all the rest of the users.
If they take the information on how it behaves and match it against 1000 other people, then they ban all of them before they get a chance to adjust.

It’s just like how police will not arrest low level street dealers instantly in many areas but will watch them and build up an image of the entire network before striking.

6 Likes

Talking about bots on forums, of any game, is useless. Mainly because bot users use forums and will poison the discussion, it’s in their financial interest to do so.

2 Likes

May be it is useless but I get replies here. Many people do not agree with me and this is their right.

I do not see there is anyone who defend bots or any troll.

Bot users are lazy I think.

They do not want to play the whole game and they do not have time to make argument in forums.

Okay maybe some but most are too lazy.

CCP waits too long and this is not because forum people say good things about bots.

Thank you for this explanation.

With dealers as you say I know. Only when police arrest them they do not send home after 3 days. They punish.

With adjust I do not know. I think bot users are selfish and too lazy just like many criminals.

What does it change if you ban 1000 bots after many month for 3 days? Much?

In city with many crime police will arrest immediately when they catch criminal.

Every time and punish immediate. People will see and feel more safe.

The small mafia can not make money and they fear punishing.

If police let them work for many months they make lot of money and it is good for more crime.

I am not sure that makers of bot have so much time. They sell bot to user but are they like normal business?

May be it is only few guys and if CCP ban bot user quick and every time this will make other afraid to use bot.

Fewer money for bot maker and they can not spend working time to change bot.

They have no chance against CCP.

CCP act like nice granma and this make bot users feel safe I think.

May be they got ban in future but very long away. They tell friend and he start bot too.

This can not happen if they do quick and really punish.

How many player will make real threat? Not so much because many nice people but other they shut their mouth because the CCP will ban them on same day for ever.

Do this with bot and in short time no more problem.

Your explanation is good but I think it has prove to not work if problem is too big.

I want to add may be it is like the broke window situation. If you leave window broke more window will break. More and even more. Wait too long there will be crime everywhere. Fix window and avoid this.

The 3 day ban is discretionary. If someone is botting in a major way CCP can & have done instant bans.
It also is only a first offence thing, think of it as bail. If they reoffend ever again even in the smallest way it’s a permanent ban. Not just for if they bot again but if they breach any EULA conditions again.

A bot creator isn’t going to be apprehended in any way. They will have that particular ID noted and blocked, but then they can just create another likely already in session.

CCP needs to find ways of killing off more bots at once rather than squishing singles by observing the known bots.

The analogy is killing an ant hive. If you just squish one ant, you’ll never find the mound and the individual ants will just keep coming.
Find the mound, find the Queen, and kill it dead.

–Exterminator Gadget

3 Likes

I did not know they can ban instant too. Thanks for telling.

When they do this it is much better.

When they only do 3 day ban I think it is still not good.

Every one can bot once until they catched? Maybe after month or years.

If every one know this many people will use the bot.

Interesting explanation too. Thanks.

I am not sure about bot creator. Hacking is forbidden in the law.

If the bot work against security of client software it is hacking and they can go to prison.

CCP catch bot user and give choice. Go to prison or tell where money is send.

Follow the money that was paid.

Charge unknown bot maker for hacking and ask bank where money was given to work with police.

May be police can not catch it if he come from far country.

User of bot will be afraid if they hear this. They are lazy but they do not want to go to prison. So they stop the botting.

It is breaking security of client or is it my mistake?

About ant hive I like this example.

Only I wonder because you say the Queen can not be found. Queen is bot maker I think.

If you think bot maker can not be found you have to kill many ant in short time so Queen can not eat.

If I can say I like ants and they are useful and interesting not like bot.

Bot is for lazy and greedy player who does not want to play the whole game.

Ant is working hard together every day and they are more as large alliance.

Whose prison.
Whose laws.

How do you identify the real identity of the botter.
Is botting hacking?

–Curious Gadget