Atron/Imicus redesign when?

Seriously, we were teased on redesigns for these ships YEARS ago. In the meantime, we’ve had a bunch of redesigns that nobody asked for (Incursus anyone?). CCPLS! I’ve waited so patiently, but it’s time to step up and fix these awful looking space pixels!

1 Like

Yes please change IMICUS I cannot stand that ominous blob :cold_sweat:

(Thanks Remiel)

1 Like

*Imicus

Incursus was already redesigned.

Still yet to be convinced that the whole asymmetric thing is a runaway visual success. Case in point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmF2qMPh9Go
Even CCP themselves gave up on the “heritage” asymmetric aspects of this one.

1 Like

The Imicus used to have the hull of what is now the Maulus, the Helios used to be a green Maulus and it was beautiful.

2 Likes

The Atron is fine just the way it is!

The Imicus however… :thinking:

5 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, the Atron looks like a hornet that was born with an extra chromosome. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great little ship, and does its job well. But this is way better.

And it was teased years ago. :pensive:

4 Likes

Yes, please. An imicus redesign would be great. Personally i think the Atron is just fine as it is.

How can it even be called Gallente without its majestic bulbousity?

3 Likes

It’s the ugliest ship in game right now, IMHO.

EDIT: Also, if you ask me, almost all Gallente ships are ugly as hell.

2 Likes

You shut your filthy mouth about my Atron!

5 Likes

I will, but only if it shuts its mouth as well

http://imgur.com/a/Ka3FI

Quality shitpost is quality

5 Likes

7 Likes

Atron crying

3 Likes

And let us not forget the most important aspect of any Gallente ship re-design: Does it make the hull look more like a human male reproductive organ with jet engines strapped to it? (Or a buttplug so the Hyperion can play too.)

All Gallente frigates need to look like little dicks, each one in keeping with it’'s role. The Imicus should look like a thin, sneaky dick questing for holes to poke. The Atron should look like an aggressive dick, noted for getting to the target rapidly and being done in seconds if shown any serious attention. The Incursus already looks like the pointiest of dicks, striking terror into all that stand in it’s way, so that’s good…

Also, the forums popped up a window about this post with the following message, “Does your reply improve the conversation in some way?” I now support the new forums 100%; one post in and the software has me figured out already!

4 Likes

CCP stated at Fanfest in response to a question about this that symmetrical ships double the space they get to use for textures since the textures can be mirrored along a symmetrical hull whereas an asymmetric one has to texture the full hull with the same resource allotment.

This means that a symmetrical hull can have more detailed textures than an asymmetrical one.

3 Likes

Imicus first, then Atron.

But Imicus needs to be without any “legs” or “hands”. Just make it vertical with sensors, drone bay, cargo bay, and put some engines on it. No fancy shmancy appendages. Rather make it cute, compacted shape.

I never had a problem with the design of the Imicus… Until i have seen this picture on reddit. Now i think this ship is creepy as hell.

https://i.redditmedia.com/mk76JWT08HF5wWSRmmIW6NJgEg-dYDvE5cxSlSoksko.jpg?w=1024&s=6b2d3bbf3c51cce0fc800103973e97bd

9 Likes

Damn, yes.

Hey, yo!
Do you want to say something about my avatar?!