Attracting PVP to FW

Hello, there is a lot of ganking going on. Part of the reason could be that the actual mechanics and places intended for PVP are not interesting enough. For example FW. I made enough ISK in FW to fund a subscription with PLEX so i have some experience with it and it seems the problem with FW isnt that you cant make ISK. Here are my humble suggestions for how to improve it.

• All plexing becomes offensive plexing so they pay the same regardless of which side captures it. If for example Caldari Militia tries to capture the plex, the Caldari NPC will warp off and Gallente NPCs will start spawning and vice versa
  • Only one BF is up at the time and when its captured it will respawn elsewhere after 1 hour rounded up to the closest whole hour. This means a BF will spawn at most every other hour, but always on a whole hour so players know when to log in and check.
  • Less complicated LP stores so collecting rewards is simpler
  • Amnesty agreement: Docking restrictions based on which side you are on is removed
  • Maybe more BF layouts aka maps

This is easier said than done but that is it for now. Curious if anyone has any questions. I intend to elaborate on the points later but lets see. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.

eveo

1 Like

The main reasons for ganking is 1) it’s fun and 2) there are morons who autopilot anti-tanked freighters full of loot through 0.5 systems. I do think your change to plexing may have some merit though.

Ganking is not fun for the person getting ganked or people who worry about getting ganked. Hauling is time consuming and tedious which is why auto pilot was created. In most cases there is no way around 0.5 systems for haulers.

But before adressing these things, it might be better to improve for example FW which could reduce ganking indirectly.

1 Like

Then biomass and choose somewhere else.

This is the life you chose boyo.

Disagree:

Your own evidence shows “making ISK in FW” isn’t a problem.

The hordes of Algoses overrunning both warzones is also objective evidence that “making ISK in FW” isn’t a problem.

Sincere question: Have you tried PvP-ing in the FW zone, at all?

1 Like

Next Stupid “Ganking is a Problem” Topic this week, just covering it up with a “discussion about a solution” for a non-existing problem. The “solution” to deal with ganking for anyone who doesn’t find it fun or is worried about it is simply learn how it works and learn how to avoid being a victim. It’s pretty easy, it has been explained over and over and the lazy and stubborn don’t deserve mercy.

1 Like

Making it so either side gets the same reward for completing a plex and making it so only 1 BF is up at a time and also that the time a BF spawns is more predictable means that PVP will increase.

1 Like

You ignored my question, though: Do you PvP in the Faction Warfare zones?

Because based on evidence I can find the answer is most certainly “No”. So my next question would be: “What would get you to regularly PvP in the Faction Warfare zones and why is it your proposal?”

As a counterpoint, consider my record, and so when I propose an idea like:

“If no one is in a PLEX, its timer should revert to 0 minutes completed.”

It is coming from an informed position where farmers are now actually and heavily incentivized to stay on grid and fight or else they lose all progress. And if they keep getting repeatedly interrupted and keep leaving the PLEX, they will never complete it. So they have a carrot to engage in PvP instead of fleeing.

2 Likes

I am not concerned with farmers right now. CCP has tried to reduce farming for years to no avail. I would argue they have only made FW worse for non-farmers. But thats a different discussion.

The seemingly simple changes proposed in OP is going to increase the incentive to fight over plexes, particularly BFs and that increased fighting is likely going to attract some people who would otherwise be ganking which means ever so slightly less ganking. Win win?

1 Like

This is a complete non-response to me.

You’re not interested in a discussion, just shouting your idea, repeatedly.

No, becaust fighting in Lowsec over BFs and FW Plexes has nothing to do with ganking activity. FW could disappear tomorrow and ganking would be left intact. FW could improve 1000-fold and ganking would remain intact. You have very strange ideas that do not exist in reality.

1 Like

If the actual PVP areas and content was attractive there would be less ganking

This sounds nice, but is complete fantasy.

1 Like

Absolutely.
Good idea in the OP.
Let’s see if CCP is paying attention. :smirk:

Some players just like to watch the world burn…

There’s always a way around. It’s just up to you if you want the 15 jump route, or the 45 jump route.

That being said, I do wish autopilot would warp to 0. It’s a (mostly) useless function that significantly worsens the new player experience.

1 Like

Okay, that’s healthy.

Improving FW is a good thing. Doing so to reduce ganking is asinine.

And it works great for low value things where you aren’t economically viable. Don’t be economically viable or look economically viable to gank profitably if you’re going to autopilot.

The amount of salt you are spilling everywhere makes me want to start ganking.

Nope. So long as it is profitable to gank, there will be ganking. If it isn’t profitable, but allows people to have fun at only a moderate loss, there will be ganking. The only options to “grrrr gankers” out of existence is to fundamentally break eve.

Okay, that’s healthy.

Improving FW is a good thing. Doing so to reduce ganking is asinine.

And it works great for low value things where you aren’t economically viable. Don’t be economically viable or look economically viable to gank profitably if you’re going to autopilot.

The amount of salt you are spilling everywhere makes me want to start ganking.

Apparently total safety, given his posts.

As an occasional ganker, I recommend it as an activity.
Popping out a hisec wormhole and seeing Hulks on d-scan is a great way to find content

1 Like

I dont understand people who want to argue over whether or not ganking is fun for the person getting ganked

Ship loss is part of the fun. If it isn’t then start self-reflecting, introspecting, and conducting a self-evaluation and figure out how to make it fun.