Augumene Allergen (5 of 5)

Hi. Very n(oobie)ew player here.

I have completed all of the level 1 career missions and have started picking up other missions elsewhere.
As many others have said, there is a MASSIVE learning curve with this game and because of this this some aspects of training missions are not intuitive. But I have managed to work around this until now.

In my current mission, I have to take a supplied blueprint ‘Modified Augumene Antidote’, warp to an area and locate/pick up a sample of ‘Minmotar DNA’ (which I have) and then locate a facility where I can use the blueprint and produce the antidote.
This is where I am having my problem. I cannot find anywhere to produce the antidote. Everywhere I go I can either load the blueprint, but it cannot find the DNA sample (I put it into the item hangar if I am docked). Or it finds the sample but cannot use this blueprint from its current location.

So, I think I have the general mechanics of how to produce the antidote sorted (although there may be some weird one-off method required here), but I don’t know where to go that can actually manufacture it. I have approached both the asteroid station and the Starbase medium refinery that are located in this area, but it doesn’t make the antidote. Help!

3 Likes

Use the Structure Browser to find a station or Upwell Structure with Industry - Manufacturing capabilities. Once docked:

Place all involved items/blueprint in your item hangar (not inside any containers).

Open the Industry window.

On the Blueprints tab, set the filters to ‘Owned by Me’ --> ‘Current Station’ --> ‘Item Hangar’ - this should display the BPC. You can then click on the BPC to load it into the Industry module.

Make sure you have the Manufacture option selected (not Invention).

Set your input item location to your Item Hangar.

Set your output item location to your Item Hangar.

You should have a lovely ‘start’ button after all that.

Example image of a BPC set up for manufacturing - from EVE Uni wiki:

5 Likes

I had the same question… Thank you, i`ve found the industry station.

1 Like

I’m on my 3rd account now so I’m definitely not new to the whole production situation. But this mission in particular seems bugged. The Minmatar DNA isn’t registering at any station, regardless of manufacturing capabilities. I went all the way to the trade hub to make sure this was the case, no dice.

The good news is that this is the last mission in this questline and it isn’t particularly lucrative. I was doing it in order to quickly grind out standing with Astra but I can do that elsewhere. Hopefully CCP takes a look at this eventually, but it could be worse.

Did you make sure that the DNA is in your item hangar in the station that has industry capabilities, not within your ship inventory? Just like you cannot sell items from within ship inventory, you cannot use them for manufacturing or invention from that location.

1 Like

Yep. It’s just an item bug. Tried every station with the necessary industry capabilities and nothing.

The only problem I can see is that the Minmatar DNA item isn’t registering as the item necessary to build the vaccine. Ultimately it’s not a problem, the quest itself only paid 50k ISK and there were plenty of other agents for Astra around.

If you come across it again, please make sure to bug report it - you never know what other items might be getting broken, too, without CCP realizing it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

That also happened to me. Only when I was writting the report and going through the steps, I found out that the reason I was not being able to manufacture the antidote was not because of the station, It was because in order for the manufacture process to start, you have to put both the blueprint and the ADN in the Item Hangar of the station. Once I did that it worked.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.