Auto Firing in Intervals

I think I already said I’m against afking the entire game but if I didn’t I do now. Now, like I said, wanting this doesn’t mean that I completely want to log in and get things done in one button. I am saying that what I am doing requires me to press a button every 2, I am pretty sure this isn’t as same as what you said eh?

Saving time=easy

/boggle

true, still there’s not much to do or to know by means of pvp if we’re talking about a 1v1 or 2v1. the one with more hp, the highest damage done and more capacitor wins. not like you can 360 no scope your enemy in a crisis situation.

There are plenty of ways to mitigate the other person’s advantages while maximizing your own. Not all of these are tied to skills you train in your character. You’d be surprised how much you can do even with clearly interior skills if you know the game mechanics well enough.

Thats the most wrong Thing i´ve read. not the DPS / HPS matters cause if you know how to use e-war or fly faster then your enemied tracking is then you win. your thread Shows that you never know how eve´s mechanics are.

If it’s so awful why do so many people use it?

Right now, auto pilot gets decent usage. But is not so powerful that everyone uses it all the time.

Surely that is the quintessential meaningful choice that eve seeks to create.

now you guys talk as if you don’t know the game. there are tons of scenarios on a PvP fight, if you know the enemy’s weakness, you can exploit it but I am talking on behalf of myself here and that is surprise fights. In these fights the victory depends on who’s superior in tech. I for one use a battleship all the time and say that my opponent does too (this did happen in a wormhole) while I scored no more than 200-300 on his ship, his god level cruise missles scored 3k+ dmg to my shield, when he was down to my armor (where my resistances are highest) he dropped down to 500+ and I died anyways, there goes your equipment superiority.

he also had company, a single cruises which orbited me while scrambling me, my missles couldn’t hit him properly and they scored no more than 200 which is also an example for knowing your enemy and using his weakness.

yada yada, you do know what I’m talking about stop pretending you don’t please.

So a PVP-fit versus a PVE-fit. You would have lost that fight even with equal skills. Especially since the guy who attacked you knows PVP and you don’t.
Learning PVP strategies and tactics will make you lose less ships, allow you to evade fights better and even maybe win some. The larger the ship is that you are flying, the more it requires you to know the mechanics.
Do skills matter? Yes
Are they the only thing that matters? Hell no.
As I said. If you know how to do PVP, you can diminish the difference in skills or ships by flying smartly. The fact that you keep denying this tells us how little you actually know and want to know. You are making the game harder on yourself by having this attitude towards the PVP, which is the core part of Eve.

Seems like people believe that having too much interaction is what hurting the game, reality is that the more you remove player involvement, the less the player feels like he influencing the game world. Instead mechanics should be added that actively rewards players to be at the computer actively influencing the game world… However lets focus at your suggestion at hand.

In general any item or mechanic that allows a player to either A avoid combat(warp stabs) or B allows the game to perform while not there(autopilot) has a massive downside. Be it extremely nerfed combat and dps potential or the lack of the ability to warp to zero…

And because your suggestion is written very much like a politician(a lot of words with no real substance) I only skimmed it, so what is the downside for auto lock and auto fire?

To OP: Learn to use drones. This is exactly what they are meant for. Missiles will not make you happy if you just want to farm AFK.

The use of makros will get you banned yes.

/thread

2 Likes

Allow me to blow your mind.

https://www.crazygames.com/t/idle

But wait, there’s more!

It is loosely considered a zero-player game, in the sense that once the player has set up their artificial character, there is no user interaction at all; the game "plays" itself, with the human player as spectator.

Modern science has figured out how to get people addicted in ways no one ever thought would be possible. Games, I believe wrongly called as such, where people do nothing at all, or only a minimum amount of work. Yet, addicts as they are, they just keep coming back.

1 Like

that’s the problem, like I said I had a PVE fit, meaning I never cared about PVP and please tell me how smart one can be to disregard in game skill.

remember, I’m talking about surprise occasions, you don’t know what your enemy has against your ship.

okay this is getting retarded the more I read the comments, I expected more from EVE player.

it’s not the interaction, it’s about what the interaction is required for. if you haven’t “only skimmed” it, you’d have realised what I said before you commented on this but ■■■■ reading amirite?

for autopilot instance, going from A to B in 50 jumps. You’re in risk espically if the destination goes through low sec systems, and you are in risk with more than 50-100 M in cargo even if you are in high sec, making in game autopilot useless, so I asked why not improve it? if not why even implement it in the first place?

about the PvE, like I said the game is AFK simulator in its core when it comes to PvE. you press a few buttons to activate your defenses and you press your weapons to fire them every 1 or 2 minutes. Is this what you call too much interaction? On the contrary to what you think I believe, I believe there’s almost no interaction, you group your weapons, lock on the targets 5-8 and press F1 every now and then. There’s is so little interaction that I think we should either have more so that we actually feel like playing or less so it doesn’t waste our time.

@Xeux already do, but thx for the suggestion xx

Then why are you playing a PvP game? Why are you playing a game at all if all you want is for it to be easier to AFK farm? Just take a screenshot of the EVE interface, photoshop your wallet to have 99999999 trillion ISK, and declare yourself to have won EVE.

for autopilot instance, going from A to B in 50 jumps. You’re in risk espically if the destination goes through low sec systems, and you are in risk with more than 50-100 M in cargo even if you are in high sec, making in game autopilot useless, so I asked why not improve it? if not why even implement it in the first place?

You assume that “make autopiloting safer” and “improve it” are the same thing. They aren’t. The autopilot works just fine, it’s a lazy AFK way to get low-value ships through safe space. You aren’t supposed to use it all the time.

1 Like

{citation needed}

Ugh, has Generation Z started playing EVE? God help us all…

1 Like

seems that way, can’t do basic tasks because it too below them.

god help them if there is no Youtube video to show them how to play or understand how things work, it’d probably kill them if they had to read something! :wink:

The effort and intelligence required to do PvE is indeed, to an extent, minimal, depending on what you’re doing; but for the most part it’s so well documented you can find guides and walk-throughs for almost everything.

Getting away with doing so in the face of others that would rather you didn’t on the other hand, that does require some intelligence and effort.

1 Like