Auto Firing in Intervals

hi everyone, I’m going to try to write this discussing while trying not to trigger people. I’ve seen many but many people against having an advantage in this game by any means. Simply, some or most people think that you shouldn’t even be able to use your autopilot and warp to a gate close enough to jump immediately but instead you should stay on your computer, select the gate you want and press D for about a few hours or minutes depending on your destination. for these poeple this procedure of point and clicking is so hard that no one should do it otherwise because it’ll make the game easier. To dear everyone, game doesn’t become easier this way, it becomes time saving.

I’ve seen a topic talking about this autopiloting but seems like no improvement is coming soon enough, you’ll have to point and click D for a long time or die if you use autopiloting because you warp too far to jump fast enough to save yourself from suicide gankers, trigs or any other threat camping along the way or on the gate.

But in this topic I want to ask you if having a script or a program to macro your F1 key to press in intervals to fire your missles without your having to click on it every two mins is illegal. As a seasoned gamer, I can tell you easily, this will NOT make the game easier, as clicking on a target and locking it then activating your guns don’t require a skill or advanced intelligence, being able to do this automatically will be time saving in each ratting.

I have auto locking heavy missles so basically all I want them is to fire continuously because I don’t like waiting for it to unload and reload just to press a simple single button. If this is not legal and anyone dares trying to do so will be punished in hell for eternity, then I want to ask you why bother using the automated missles in the first place? if AFK’ing by any means is not permitted, why is there such a thing in the game? Same goes for autopiloting, if you can’t use it properly and efficiently resulting in people not using it, why bother implementing it in the first place?

Go away

You wrote all that crap to ask if you can macro in EVE?

3 Likes

Go away

You first. EVE is not the game for lazy people like you.

2 Likes

so basically pressing a single button every now and then is such a hard work that not doing so makes a person lazy? you require a brain.

1 Like

If all you are doing is pressing a single button then you suck at EVE. You should be killing NPCs so quickly that you are regularly switching targets, not just hitting F1 once you reload, and CCP is not going to give you an AFK farming tool that picks targets for you and farms the entire site/mission.

it does actually lol. have you ever heard of Auto-Targeting Missles? I mentioned them in the post, though I’m not certain that you read all of it or successfully comprehended it entirely.

I’ll help you by explaining what I do. I have a praxis which I use for armor tanking, I go to Emerging Conduits and can do it solo in about 5 mins. Today I switched to Auto Targeting Missles, basically all I have to do is go to the site and press F1 and boom I get 4.5M isk in 5 mins.

so however intense and hard you may think this game is, it is not, it is point and click and require no skill. All you have to do is unlock your in game skills wait for a couple of months to be able to do anything productive and fun. So till then I’ll keep ratting, all I want is to be able to have a program that helps me save time while I do so.

for the manual heavy missles I use, I just lock on multiple targets and wait till they die, then as I already had locked on the next target, I simply press F1 again, while my active low slot repair units do their job. This game is AFK farming simulator in its nature but people pretend that it’s something else and they are just against it. I can’t understand why, maybe it’s because it’s the only thing that you’re good at, pointing and clicking? that you don’t want anyone to think it’s sometimes easy and boring enough to macro it?

I have. They’re useless and might as well not exist. There’s a reason CCP hasn’t buffed them to make them an effective farming tool.

PS: if you can’t farm the site faster than auto-targeting missiles while actively playing then JFC you suck at EVE and should be ashamed of yourself.

so however intense and hard you may think this game is, it is not, it is point and click and require no skill. All you have to do is unlock your in game skills wait for a couple of months to be able to do anything productive and fun.

That’s nice. Try doing something other than highsec farming. Maybe then you’ll understand that the game only seems easy because you haven’t bothered to leave the tutorial zone.

It is against the EULA to do what you want plain and simple.

5 Likes

oh wow I am so shameful that I am not very good in a point and click game xD

while actively playing? what else should I do please tell me. Should I make a coffe and read a book while doing some math problems? yeah that’d be hard, but no, this is all it takes baby, you point and click and click, this is the active gameplay this game has to offer.

oh boy I play this game just for the fun and rat EC’s in some random high sec in which my corporation lives, when I’m in the mood I go into the wormholes and rat in there and it takes me no more than 10-15 mins if I’m alone, easy 40M money there, so yeah you can be certain that I am not in the tutorial zone lol

cheers mate, nice and simple answer

Optimizing your target selection, range, etc. If you can’t get better ISK/hour than AFK farming with auto-targeting missiles then you suck at EVE.

oh boy I play this game just for the fun and rat EC’s in some random high sec in which my corporation lives, when I’m in the mood I go into the wormholes and rat in there and it takes me no more than 10-15 mins if I’m alone, easy 40M money there, so yeah you can be certain that I am not in the tutorial zone lol

Highsec is a tutorial zone, period. Nothing in highsec PvE requires intelligence or effort because it’s intended to be your introduction to the game. Wormholes are not the tutorial zone, but PvE farming in an empty wormhole is still mindless PvE.

Perhaps your problem is that you are determined to do mindless PvE in a PvP game and ignore the majority of the game’s content?

This isn’t about “having an advantage”, this is about being lazy.

Many people are against making the game more afk-able and lazy. Learn the difference, kid.

You need less salt in your diet mate.

The fof missiles are an option when you can’t lock due to damps or ecm. They weren’t made so that players can afk-rat. Notice they are an ammo rather than a launcher, so you can swap on the fly when you can’t make locks.

Auto-pilot isn’t a good conparison either. People use ut, but it comes with two significant trade offs. Most obvious is that getting from a to b takes a lot longer. The second is that you are vulnerable whilst you slow boat. How often do you see people auto-piloting outside of high-sec? Or whilst at war?

People use it when it suits them. They don’t when it doesn’t.

It’s not like the bot you’re asking about. Unless you’re suggesting going suspect and teleported to Yulai like the other bots?

The reason you have to press a button is the reloading mechanics switches off the autofiring mode, this is default to every item in game that uses useable subitems (ammo, missile, scripts, nanopaste, etc…).

All other games like Battlefield, Counterstrike, etc, etc…, all do the same thing, as soon as ammo is empty weapon/module stops, and requires reloading, in EVE you are lucky to have the option to have these autoreload, as most other games don’t even give that, and require you to click yet another button to load weapon/module.

So OP sounds like they just want to login and let the game play itself with no interaction from themselves, can you really call this concept a game? It sounds more like a technical demo where the player just watches what the game can do with no input from player.

Complains game is too easy…

Asks for ways to make it even easier.

/boggle

1 Like

PvP requires skill unlocking. I have been into PvP’s lots of time, the opponent is mostly 5 yrs players with 300M skills unlocked with tech 2 equipments giving 3K dmg in each shot every 5 secs. so yeah, untill I wait for my skills to be unlocked in years, I’ll farm mindless PvE and mind you this sound a lot more logical than going against players and losing %90 of the ships I bring with me.

this is nothing close to being lazy boi, this is called time management and it’d save me a lot of time. If you’re so much against laziness why do you play a game that lets you take a tanking ship, launching its drones and afking entire sites?

You are forgetting your skills as a player. You can have max skills and still lose in PVP if you don’t know what you are doing. It’s cheaper to learn PVP now in cheaper ships than to lose those expensively fitted T2 or T3 -ships later.

The skills your character have trained do matter, but not as much as you think.

I’m telling exactly the reality sorry if it is salty lol

that’s the problem, you’re not safe even if you’re in high sec, I gave examples of why up there. I already don’t auto in low secs, but it’s risky to do so even in high secs so I’m asking why bother implementing it if it’s gonna make things worse for you?