he implies you’re a rapist and deserves the flag. vOv

1 Like

No rape in my comment, but whatever.

Sexual assault is not synonymous with rape, but the act itself violates the same principals in that both are sexual violence. But it is very telling to know that you find the act of sexual assault to be on par with someone losing in a game.

I’d be pretty ashamed if I were you, and quite relieved that the moderators will likely nuke this entire aside if not the thread. Just know, I’ll not forget your dispositions.

We were discussing sadism.

Whether your comment was addressing me or Solstice, Sadism itself is constrained by the same laws of consent as anything else - and to do otherwise is a gross violation of both personal rights and law.

You inferred Eve players were sadistic, and drew comparison to a very clear example of sexual assault to players playing against other players (with or without their consent) in a game.

What I was drawing reference to was the lack of informed consent.

Pay attention to your own posts glorifying someone using sexual favors to gain access to an EVE account only to then clean the guy out. You use it as recruiting materials.

I’m pointing out that the vast majority of new players don’t realize they are stepping into that kind of viper’s nest. You said, yeah they do, Kind of.

Try ‘Kind Of’ in a different setting where sadism is common, see how it turns out.

And yet there are no similarities between the two. In the real world, we are expected to know and follow the law - in this particular discussion, that means respecting consent whether given or withheld.

In Eve, there is no law, nor expectation. You are required to learn about the game - and spending scant few minutes in any of these forums as a new player, I’d hazard a guess that you’ll be warned very quickly just how unforgiving Eve is. Assuming you don’t know it already, because lets face it, Eve has a reputation which is very well deserved.

And yet, there was mutual consent on both sides. She sent the material willingly, he gave access willingly. Knowing full well what would happen, given that it took years for him to give said access. Yet again an example of Eve players being cutthroat. Not sexual predators.

They aren’t required to know. That’s the beautiful thing about this game. Their consent is not needed, because none of their rights are being violated. They have literally zero rights in game, as a pilot. As a person playing the game, sure they have rights (doxxing and such). But what happens to their pilot, that’s exclusively on them.

And again, sadism has nothing to do with consent. Consent isn’t needed (edit: in Eve) regardless. Even if it was needed, logging into the game is accepting what will happen no matter what may happen.

You drew a comparison to sexual violence, as though begging for an assault to stop is related to what happens when one player destroys another player’s ship. The two have absolutely no similarities within the contexts you reference.

You glorify actual real life manipulation outside of the game as recruiting material to get people to join the game.

It’s a common theme among EVE’s ‘Great Stories’, like the ones where players meet up in real life, have bar b que, hang out in person over the course of a couple of years before finally getting the go ahead to pull the trigger on a plan years in the making to destroy a corp.

It’s sick. If it was all in game it would be fair play. The part you are glorifying is that the sadism goes outside of the game into real life for that ultimate burn.

Yes, because it shows how insanely passionate and dedicated Eve players are. We’re more than just subscribers. We’re a ■■■■■■■ cult. We alarmclock for fights, we have alliances of players whose IT innovations rival that of fortune 500 companies. We will sit down and spend 20 hours straight in a grueling fight.

We’ll become friends with people to betray them. We’ll infiltrate, sometimes for years as you say, to set things up. And then when the teeth and claws come out, they’ll find they’ve already been hamstrung.

Because at the end of the day, we want to win. THAT is what is so incredible about Eve. I’ve yet to ever find a game that can set the hook in as well as Eve did.

You call it sick, that’s your prerogative. You’re entitled to have an opinion. The part I am glorifying may well be sadistic in some ways. But to say that it is done without consent is a misnomer in every way - someone getting burned is not required to have provided consent. This is a computer game.

That describes every MMORPG of the 90’s and early 00’s

That’s a toxic playerbase. Most people frown on that behavior. When you start talking about real life stalking other players, infiltrating their actual lives and manipulating them on a very real and harmful level to gain something ingame… Maybe we should not glorify that behavior or use it for recruitment.

Like I said, you’re entitled to your opinion. I am of the opinion that it is a feature.

1 Like

Stalking people in RL is a feature… Infiltrating their RL lives is a feature… Manipulating them and causing actual emotional damage is a feature…

And you think it’s what makes the game great…

Oh, but it’s just a game.

You forgot the two years of ERP hand jobs, those are a feature too :rofl:

2 Likes

No kidding. Almost worth it haha.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.