B Movie Appreciation

Ah, I see now. I missed it initially.

I would certainly think it’d make it more enjoyable

2 Likes

Especially if it were from the perspective of the bee. Now THAT would be a horror film!

3 Likes

Clashing Steel is a good one. A friend of a friend of mine talked about it. It’s a bad movie adaptation of a really good book about a Khanid Cyberknight who’s thrown into some spatial anomaly and sent to a pre-indy era on the Jin-Mei homeworld. Super interesting, even for low production costs. Ronin culture abounds!

There’s also another one called G-NOME that’s about an unnamed Federal Gamma city that makes its trade in artificial organ production and people who try to illegally transport them and are hunted by corporate spooks. Oh, and it’s a musical. Rock opera? Whatever. It sucks but in the best way possible. Watch it. Lots of blood.

3 Likes

Something more recent that I saw a few days ago actually is ‘Resist’ set during the start of the Amarrian invasion of Minmatar. The movie was quite dark and depressing but it sort of ends on a positive note with the message of hope for slaves past and present. Its crazy that slavery is still such a large part of Amarrian society, sick.

On a lighter note, one of the best comedy holofilms that had me in stitches was was 'Zelma and Zoa’s Intrepid Trip
Their bumbling and comical journey through nullsec is hilarious and the performance of the lead actresses are phenomenal.

2 Likes

Didn’t they try and make a sequal to that one?, i have vauge memoey about the girl that played Zoa wanted about half the budget as salary.

2 Likes

Yes I read something about that, ‘Zelma and Zoa’s wormhole mystery’ or something like that? That Zoa actress I think seemed overly desperate for Isk… But you know what my friend said when he was last at Brutor Tribal Treasury station in Ren’s, he swore he saw her working as an Exotic Female Dancer! Not sure if I believe him though… Maybe next time I’m at the station I’ll see if he was telling the truth :joy:

2 Likes

I think that OVA about me being the Principal of an all girls Naval High School for Achurans would definitely qualify as a B-movie.

3 Likes

What about that one where the spaceships are girls?

2 Likes

Seriously?, live action or animated?

2 Likes

As in, the spaceships identify as girls, the spaceships are in some way female or there are spaceships in the shape of women?

2 Likes

According to some Achuran philosophies, none of them are real films

2 Likes

For what is reality?

2 Likes

Kinda Deep in a thread about B Movies :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Rana!

2 Likes

Hey Kalara

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.