What video are you watching today?

The Legend of Tomiris

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

( love that guy @03:23 )

2 Likes

Have astronomers found any life on the Kepler planets yet?

The Dark Crystal - Awesome puppet animation movie.

3 Likes

“Astronomers say that the planet is in the “Goldilocks zone”, meaning that the distance of the planet from its star is just right, making it not too hot and not too cold for life to exist.”

They haven’t said anything about finding life on any of Kepler planets but if their theory on Goldilock zone is correct then there is life on at least one of them. We probably can’t see it because we’re too far… and we’ll probably never know.

I remember going to the theater to watch Dark Crystal. It was amazing.

4 Likes

The Womans Tennis Channel 9 Sydney, Australia

They even have biceps. :upside_down_face:

/think it’s called Woman’s Tennis Australia Tour

1 Like

An oldie, of course. :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

With bonus: original music by courtesy of Ishtanchuk’s library

2 Likes

Better than paying for a seat at a theater.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The Kepler planets are the ones really close together or was the Gliese planets?

I think that the string of planets that are very close together would create a very interesting biome exchange. If the atmospheres came close enough, Tardigrades should be able to migrate from each planet very easily given the Tardigrades resistence to heat and be able to desicate for many months.

2 Likes

“The Gliese 581 planetary system now has four known planets, with masses of about 1.9 (planet e, left in the foreground), 16 (planet b, nearest to the star), 5 (planet c, centre), and 7 Earth-masses (planet d, with the bluish colour).”
Depends what you call “close together”.

“As of June 16 2023, the Kepler space telescope and its follow-up observations have detected 2,778 confirmed planets, including hot Jupiters, super-Earths, circumbinary planets, and planets located in the circumstellar habitable zones of their host stars.” Those planets aren’t necessarily located in the same solar system.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Would anyone be interested in watching a modern movie that involves pre-historic people experiencing magic mushrooms while dinosaurs roamed the Earth?

2 Likes

Of course, as long as some of the prehistoric people get eaten jurassic park style.

2 Likes

POTATO CHIPS

4 Likes

Ten hours of white noise.

1 Like

That’s one fascinating video… and now I kind of fancy some fried potatoes (not crisps, not chips, in Spanish they’re just called fried potatoes). BOTH french fries and potato chips are called the same, but then french fries are always made to the order and potato chips ara always manufactured and sold in bags/packages so it’s difficult to mix them up unless you expect a restaurant to deliver chips not french fries, but then they’re called (a-ha!) “bag potatoes” (and then nobody expects a restarurant to sell raw potatoes in a bag). Although it’s not the same bag potatoes (patatas de bolsa) than a bag of potatoes (una bolsa de patatas) than a bag of bag potatoes (una bolsa de patatas de bolsa).

And now I wonder why I am talking about this… :woman_shrugging:t2:

(in a next episode, the Spanish concept of “patatas bravas”, a staple of bar food)

3 Likes

“In a race for domination, the Continental Alliance’s ambition leads to the uninhibited exploitation of planet Solstice-5. As they construct unstoppable autonomous factories, the Alliance’s insatiable quest for power leaves behind a forsaken workforce in a world spiraling out of control.”

Megastructures. :eyes:

3 Likes