Holofilm nights!

Would anyone be interested in, say, a biweekly hosting of holofilms? I’m thinking of starting something up at L’Amore, relaxing the dress code, adding a few more couches, and putting up a screen. Snacks would be provided. Any thoughts? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That sounds interesting. Could you define what the relaxation is, for those of us who are challenged by the mores of social propriety.

2 Likes

Sounds nifty! What sort of films?

1 Like

You know, non-formal wear. I think I remember one club that allowed pajamas. I’m still set on the no nudity thing, but if it’s a movie night, there’s no need to be uncomfortable!

2 Likes

Not fully sure yet! I was thinking of varying it up! Romance, comedy, action?

3 Likes

This sounds great! There are a number of absolutely awful Caldari films that were shot in the earlier days of the State, they’re basically propaganda - but they’re so awful at it that they’re downright hilarious.

I have some in my collection that I’d be willing to lend to the cause, and I’m always up for movie night.

4 Likes

Propaganda by people who don’t believe in social sciences. … Yeah. Gets a little funny.

2 Likes

Haha, awesome. I’m game.

3 Likes

They say they don’t believe in social sciences, but that’s a classic example of an informal method of social control. In many ways, I think the State uses the most Social Control of any of the factions - and I don’t necessarily mean that in a bad way.

But yes, these films represent a very early, very crude and extraordinarily ham-handed example of it - to the point where I think it was done in a ‘tongue-in-cheek’ way by a lot of the participants.

2 Likes

Not disagreeing, Pieter; “marketing” gets pretty sophisticated. I wonder what changed, if anything really did?

(“Hey, people, that stuff we’ve been producing is losing its oomph and ordering people to take it seriously isn’t sustainable indefinitely. Let’s all go home, get a good night’s sleep, and tomorrow first thing we’re having a brainstorming session. Bring along all the best material on persuasion you can: Gallentean stuff, psychology-- I don’t care so long as it works.”)

2 Likes

Argh! No discussions on Caldari stuffs! Not like I’m not totally interested, but argh. I wanna talk about holos!

1 Like

To be honest I dont watch entertainment holos now. They are too long and absorbing for a thing that is not practical for me. Last time I watched the instructional holos: repairing asynchronous databanks for on board cockpits of the old type, not manufactured now. I am into retro spaceships.

1 Like

Oh, yes. Yes. I’m thawing out for this.

3 Likes

It seems an excellent idea.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how holoflix and chill works in a group dynamic.

2 Likes

I think we know exactly how that works in a group dynamic. If not, certain bucket lists need to be updated.

2 Likes

Where I’m concerned it involves bad movies and good popcorn.

2 Likes

I think I’m starting to understand the severe need for Civires in tubes.

3 Likes

I might thaw out for this, but I’d be scrutinizing the guest list quite a bit more thoroughly.

2 Likes

Argh! No sex in L’Amore! We have suites for that.

3 Likes