Back to the game! Is low attention, semi-afk, solo mining still possible?

This is an odd way to increase netflix sub fee.

1 Like

Yes it is absolutely no issue. Donā€™t let the others tell you otherwise. They just try to scare you so you donā€™t compete with their AFK income.

Just get a nice Mackinaw, they have a nice ore hold, bling that thing out with green and blue mining mods to be competitive!

Good luck miner!

9 Likes

Man, youā€™re a real asshat. Why would you tell him this?

We spend all this time figuring out these strats, and then you just give them up for free to pubbies on the forums? Iā€™m getting you kicked out of the club. Enjoy being poor again.

6 Likes

Calling it now. Op will be back here soon complaining about being ganked while afk mining

2 Likes

Didnā€™t you hear? CODE. is dead and no one else is ganking miners. No need to spread fear here.

1 Like

And the killbourd that says they do is a lie?

The best ways for a new player to make money are through lvl 4 missions and exploration. One of which can be done semi afk. The bounty or loot alone can net millions of isk per hour with very low pvp requirements (if not none at all). Exploration is actually a tad bit harder due to the rng minesweeper minigame but once you get the pattern of engagement down (or a t2 data with blackglass) you can get more and more successful cans, and your ship is covops fit later in the game. I havenā€™t gotten that far, but from what Iā€™ve read even nullsec has ā€œcarebears in capital shipsā€ that just rat huge sites for ez loot and isk/hour. Letā€™s not even discuss mining income and passive market/pi income.

If thatā€™s not good enough for you, you can literally Plex your account and have isk left over if you start two skillfarm alts on top of your main account alt. Literally netting billions of isk per month with no risk whatsoever.

PvP in this game is nuanced, but generally always boils down to fight what you can run from what you canā€™t. Once you understand that itā€™s all rock paper scissors from fit design the game turns into one of calculated risks of engagement. Fleet ops are basically ā€œbroadcast when being primaries, f1 my targetā€. Hell, one of the most profitable things to do from PvP is smashing someone elseā€™s stations or other property when theyā€™re not there. Once you figure out DSCAN and making your own bookmarks your chances of loss go down at a near exponential level.

Honestly, this might just be my disposition but I donā€™t find any MMO to be hardcore or non-casual. MMOs, to me, are casual by default. A game to play as you relax, watch a movie, or read multiple things on the internet. EVE is not an exception here. Perhaps itā€™s you who need to enlighten me what is so hardcore about EVE. Is it just because thereā€™s permanent loss? Suffice to say, I donā€™t think anyone cries over their lost K5M pvp destroyer.

2 Likes

yesterday i entered a wormhole with a F venture and mined 60 million of gas just to remember myself that all the QQ is BS
true story

2 Likes

-1/10 :fishing_pole_and_fish:

So many words and none of them tells me anything about why my opinion that EvE is not the game for Bidermaier is, in your words: horseshit. It is clear from the OP he wants to ā€œplayā€ mostly AFK. Try to enlighten me again what about my statement ā€œEvE is not for youā€ is horseshit.

You literally quoted him when he said ā€œcasuallyā€ three times. I was explaining through my experience why I donā€™t believe EVE is a hardcore game.

Why do you think I was calling BS otherwise?

If by solo, you mean one player with a ton of accts, then you sure can.

If by solo, you mean with one character, there are better ways to make a living.

If ever in my life I reach a point where I want to play an exciting video game about spaceship explosions and cutthroat politics by peacefully engaging in low-tier income generation without even being present at my computer, I would rather make a dying.

4 Likes

as i said in other topic i entered a wormhole in a venture the other day and mined 60 million in gas solo
people need to learn to play
it would take 10 times more to make the same money in a 1000 times more expensive orca

2 Likes

QFT.

Itā€™s doable with one account. Itā€™s not highly profitable, especially semi-afk, but it can be done.

You can also semi-afk missions with certain ships (droneboats tend to do very well for security missions, since you donā€™t have to reload and aggressive drones will re-target on their own - @Archer_en_Tilavine has a lovely passive droneboat fit on his USIA website, as well as distribution mission fits for those who donā€™t want combat or donā€™t have much starting capital); I find missions more entertaining overall, and the side benefits (standings gain for reduced sales taxes at trade hubs, LP to spend, etc) are pretty useful.

Donā€™t get me wrong: mining can be a very peaceful experience while still being productive, if you are careful about where you stage from and donā€™t make yourself look like a tasty target. I just like missions better for semi-afk activity, since mission runners are less common suicide ganking targets and can have fairly similar pure isk yield with a little forethought.

2 Likes

i have some of @Iceacid_Frostpacker genes in my vein
i like to mine ice
i dont do it
but i like itā€¦ its zen ā€¦ i get it

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

But as far as I can tell, the only thing you play is the EVE-O forum.

Abyssal sites > hi sec mining

Watch out, man, Destiny will kill you until you die :skull:

(BTW @Destiny_Corrupted I sent you an EVEmail :incoming_envelope:)