Bank Theory Discussion

So I’m newly back to Eve. Over the years I’ve seen huge banks come and go. Just about every in game bank fails, and even the ones that run for a while are declared scams.

Hypothetically how would you pull it off? You’d need an outside reputable person to do audits and look over the books. Any one person controlling the funds is free to run off with them. Even in a group, one person running off can cripple the bank.

Ideas?

1 Like

IRL banks are scams, too. They are kept in check because the banks police themselves.

Banks in Eve don’t work because there is no productive place to put isk. Industry is fully developed. It is not that Eve banks were “declared” scams - they were scams.

Banks police themselves or are heavily regulated by the federal government. As long as scamming is ok in eve, there can be no legitimate bank.

I have always wanted to start a small bank in Eve!

Banks will need some sort of an income, that income would come from investments and interest collected from loans. IRL, banks that fails are already backed by the Federal Government in the US up to $500K (if I remember correctly). Here we do not have a Federal Government that insures everyone (unless a giant Alliance does it), an investment system to make profits, and loans given out to collect enough interests to pay the dividends to the customers. There are other systems that IRL banks use to expand their profits but if you have not notice their dividends are pretty low when it comes to banks itself (less than 1%).

1 Like

Trust. That is the basis for everything related to anything in EVE. If Chribba were to create a bank tomorrow, im sure people would trust him enough to invest, and he would probably create a legit bank.

Hard to say. Maybe there are some banks that started off as legit, or atleast try to be legit. Kinda like Bernie Madoff. He didnt start as a ponzi scheme. Only when the market crashed in like the 80s, did he lose the investment money and decided to lie and scam his way up. And once youre that committed, you cant escape it. Its like a lie that you have to keep continuing, because there is no way to get out of it anymore. Youve invested so much of other peoples money that you have to keep at it.

1 Like

Does anyone here have any advice on how to start from scratch and small of creating a Bank ingame?

Trust. Start small, take a few years, and build up your reputation.

Then throw it all away and keep all the isk, like Darkness.

2 Likes

Ask for help.

He is kinda doing that right now.

1 Like