Banning repeated gankers from highsec

No.

I’m a dedicated miner and manufacturer and even I don’t agree with this. And also, bots are still a problem. People to this day still complain to CCP about the bots. For you to say that you don’t think miner bots have existed in high sec or imply that they don’t seem to be a problem is disingenuous to both miners and everyone else.

Sure, we now have NPC miners in high-sec to deal with but at least the ore they mine don’t end up in the market and just simply disappear which can be a problem to the players who use miner bots.

Also, suicide ganking is not as big of a problem as some players make it out to be. I have survived ganks and participated in ganks. They are extremely easy to avoid. It just take a few moments to pay attention to local and just a little bit of research on where to find a good place to mine.

2 Likes

this.

I’ve lost a few naked capsules when traveling with autopilot. I notice people mining in venture on dscan, in HS and LS too. I move freighters to Jita, never been ganked. never been ganked in blingy BS doing L4s (maybe I should have taken more time ?)
I sometimes notice criminals in systems. I sometimes notice CODE. sperg in local.

Reading many comments here, it seems like people will relentlessly gank you the moment you turn your eyes off the screen. To me this is far from truth.

Gankers like to ■■■■■ people and people tend to remember more the moment they were ganked than the 40 hours before, when they were not.

So if those people then consider it’s not worth to play because they lost a few ships … well sorry, this is Eve.

Can some one please explain what constitutes a gank in low security, null security, and wormhole areas of space?

Gang kill.

1 Like

So every Blops, CTA, Gate Camp, Counter Cyno, war, conflict, etc ever concieved and completed in the history of EVE outside of Highsec is a gank…

hmmm, i have a small issue with that but ok.

Elaborate.

How do you explain everyone in this thread having the fact as me?

How long have you been playing EVE, or better yet, do you even play the game?

1 Like

Suicide ganking involves distinct mechanics that ganking does not.

You are lying about everyone having the “same” fact as you, which is false to begin with.
Suicide ganking and ganking are two distinct different things, involving different mechanics.

Ive been playing for a long time.
Yes, I do play the game.

How long have you been playing the game, and how about you post on your main?

If I’m in the forums the game must be down lol

As someone with a hi-sec mining fleet or 4, and a few side businesses, ganking by ‘pirates’ or muppets or code is not a problem to me.

Fellow miners are, imagine a player with as many accounts their pc (or pc’s) can handle, with limitless money (that’s the real purpose of hi-sec mining) and some messed up complex in their head about how everything in a hi-sec system belongs to them.

The last ship I lost was a tanked skiff in 0.8, after failing with 7 cats I was hit by 17 cruisers. All of null could come to burn hi and most miners wouldn’t care, they’d just wait until the null muppets had to re-ship or eat or sleep or ■■■■ and carry on mining.

It’s that little fucker who decides that all of the ice or ore in a system is ‘theirs’ that is the pain. But that just about sums mining in hi up - a pain.

There is no comms network telling you to dock up if someone not blue turns up 10 system’s away or a fleet of pvp pilots eager for something other than ratting to do.
Its just you, a police force slower than the real police, a set of rules that state anything that could ever go against you will and the hatred of everyone in the game including the bloke your boosting.

However, some of us love it. Mr 17 cruisers found every Orca he put out for the next 3 months died and some evil bugger set 3 ganking corps to burn his little system out, for a very long time.

People who say ganking and bumping in hi isn’t a problem have probably not been to hi in 10 years and never even bought a mining ship let alone an Orca. It is a problem for the individual on the receiving end but that’s life in a pvp game. If you don’t like it go try something easier like hiding in a WH or cowering behind an alliance.

Hi-sec is for the real player, lol.

Sorry for the rambling post but when I saw the game was gonna be down for a bit I bought some beer, its always a good mix with my meds.

The Uni Wiki Glossary has definitions for the terms “gank” and “suicide gank”, if you’re interested in the exact meaning of those words.

When one talks about “ganking” in EVE, however, he/she usually refers to suicide ganking in high sec, with the suicide part omitted for brevity, but implicit and perfectly clear from the context, which is what makes this nitpicking about the exact meaning of the words here so pedantic and pointless…

2 Likes

Its significant, because suicide gankers try to ambiguate what they do, under a specific set of mechanics, with ganking overall.

Did it come to your mind that you are actually the only person here who has troubles deducing from the context of the thread that when people say ganking they mean suicide ganking? Because it really seems you are the only one who has a problem with how language sometimes works.

I bet you are completely oblivious that this is actually your issue and instead thing people mix up definitions…

1 Like

Oh, she reappears, and still didnt answer the question put to her.

Its a FACT that suicide ganking, and ganking, are not the same thing, as they involve different mechanics.

No amount of crap you post in an attempt to distract from that, will change that.

How come?
Explain with facts, proof and sources.

Not your opinion on the matter.

As for my forum history, it’s not really relevant to how long I played the game.
I’m an alpha, I enjoy it a lot.
I don’t have the time for omega or alts, so thank you for your paranoia.

1 Like

No, it’s your opinion, based on minutiae, that they are not the same thing.

One is a subset of the other, thus they are the essentially the same thing with minor differences.

3 Likes

I think the definition of: Gang kill by an unexpected, overwhelmingly superior force might work a bit better. Certainly, I consider gate camping to be a form of ganking.

Um… I think it’s pretty obvious that CCP wants more ganking in high sec and encourages said ganking through security tags and the security bonuses of the Marshal.

i.e. They’re making it easier for bad people to look good and do bad things. Adapt or die, you ninnies!

…Bah. I’m wasting my breath. No one listens to me.

A gatecamp is not a gank, because of the passivity in the process.
They’re almost like miners.

For a gank you have to actively engage someone.
Gate campers are “spawn camping”.

1 Like

Heh…

Did your father not teach you any tricks? Just tell Salvos she is always right, smile and invite her to a romantic dinner. It’s easy as breathing once you figure it out.

2 Likes