Banning repeated gankers from highsec

If you want to try PvP you won’t be in highsec much anyway, and there are some very safe areas in highsec to setup industry, not even all that far from trade hubs.

Null also has some very well setup alliances that provide all of the industry infrastructure and support you could need. It’s worth joining one, even if to be able to learn from some of their more experienced members and also to have access to BPO libraries.

I hate to say this, but it is you who has to change. See, when you say you’ve been playing since 2008 then you’ve started EVE before I did. And when losing two Orcas with each 300m ISKs cargo sets you back in a significant way, then you must have made very little ISKs in all that time. Maybe do some Incursions and get your wallet beefed up. Make 10b ISKs or more first and work up a buffer.

Or maybe you’ve spend your ISKs too fast on a POS and other things, which then allowed two ganks to break your back. You tell me, but you need to be able to take hits in this game.

PvPers don’t have it easy either.

Congrats on post 666 in this thread.

1 Like

The point is: life has never been easier for an aspiring industrialist. There are tons of public citadels you can use so you don’t need to invest in infrastructure. A number of nullsec alliances have open and easy recruitment so you can even benefit from those sweet nullsec bonuses (and the generally higher sell prices). Courier services can be used to quickly and cheaply move your product to the market.

It is funny how the EVE sandbox offers vast opportunities, but people insist on boxing themselves in with self-imposed restrictions and then demand that CCP “fixes” the game. In highsec you could also have lost some of your investment to wardeccers, and then you would probably be complaining in another thread that wardecs are too cheap and must be banned.

2 Likes

And yet here you are on the new forums 3 years later after you quit…

1 Like

when I see such tears, I start thinking about maybe getting into ganking

2 Likes

28 strong roaming ganking band, have only one victim: Eve Online

Oh poor carebears…
Lol

Welcome to a pvp-centric game :smiley:

Inb4 ganking is not pvp comments

2 Likes

PvP is love, ganking is evil. :sunglasses:

Pfft

What many consider to be PvP has a chance of proper lube, ganking uses tears.

1 Like

Ganking with destroyers has nearly no drawback, little effort, no fun for the other party at all.
It feels cheap, working around the system, in a way that is no longer to be considered new and creative.

If it was a little more balanced between what you have to lose vs what you have to win and effort to pull off, I’d have brushed the loss away, as I always did in fair (or unfair/ganks) pvp fights.

This is not the case. It’s just plain wrong that this is still in the game.

It even makes no sense in the game setting and breaks immersion. (people suicide ganking in an SF setting is just plain stupid imo.)

im not “just crying about a loss”, I’m coming a few years later wanting to come back and play again, so yes, back on the new forums to see what has changed, how the game evolved.

I just dont really understand why this is still a thing in this game.

Yes it did make me stop the game, so yeah a bit of a rage quit if you want, but TBH I felt I had better things to do than invest time and effort to build something if it is so easily destroyed, with no meaning behind it at all and not the slightest sense of justification.

If we want good and complex systems in this mature mmo that is not just cloaked activities like exploration, things have to be a little safer for industrialists and miners.
This is just my opinion though.
I dont criticize players choosing this activity.

1 Like

Nice “just one more nerf” comment fam
Pretty badly hidden too lol

1 Like

Many vs 1 seems like a significant amount of effort to me, at the very least in terms of harnessing manpower

SF setting

Space pirates and using clones to do the dirty are common sci-fi staples

things have to be a little safer for industrialists and miners

It’s called situational awareness, using the tools available to you to be aware of your surroundings and avoid the unwanted attentions of those that would like to acquire your stuff and play dress up with your corpse.

if multiboxing was not a thing… don’t tell me these guys sit in destroyers all day.

hm…

And no not calling for a nerf, I’ll be living in null anyways (just activated my account again) i doubt devs will see this post anyways. i’m in fact interested in others opinions.

about situational awareness : afk people should die. indus with value in cargo and no scouts should die. People bumping you on a gate for 30 mns in a neutral alt should not exist.

You can gank them because:

So what was the problem again?

3 Likes

That attitude and actions make Eve boring and unvanted and lead to its termination.

While I cannot say to like being ganked by a player who owns 10 accounts and drops Catalysts onto me am I also not happy about the player, who goes ice mining with a 16-character fleet of 14 Hulks, an Orca and a freighter and who mines every ice rock that I’m trying to mine, all his Hulks at once. At least after a gank I’m dead and have other things to worry about since my ship is gone, but with an ice miner who runs ice belts like this almost every day am I being rained on by a multi-boxer over and over again. And the ice mining mechanic with its “1 block of ice per time” is unforgiving.

While it may seem gankers have taken their gloves off by going full multi-boxing have others taken it to ludicrous levels a while ago.

Now if a multi-boxing ganker could gank a multi-boxing miner 1:1 then we’d have a wedding.

Listen: people IRL have real money and can afford himself several EVE accounts and ingame they have value like several players because they PAY several licensis. That does not give them permission to bully new or poor players. Ganking is problem no meter does it done by 10 different players or one players with several EVE licenses.

Well, I don’t need many accounts. I’ve got two and it took me years before I decided to get an alt.

If CCP could put a limit on the number of multi-boxed accounts one can have then it would save some from their obsession. I don’t think it’s technically possible for CCP to really control the number, nor do I mind it when somebody has 5 or 10 accounts. It only seems to be getting more multi-boxers and with higher numbers of accounts over the years.