Bastion module upgrade

The point is… you didn’t need to use an MTU, so the loss is your own fault. And you chose to hang out in a place with lots of other griefers, when ALL over the place people have been complaining about how the Invasions are just full of griefers. So the loss is your fault. Also, anyone shooting at your MTU would have gone Suspect, and you could have killed them yourself.

And the idea that Siege should stop you from being bumped is a logical fallacy. Siege stops you from moving yourself. That doesn’t mean it should stop you from being moved. Like I (and others have) said from the start. Making a Sieged ship rooted could cause unforeseen consequences in gameplay. Whereas, flying smarter avoids the problems altogether.

Why not just blap the one shooting your mtu? after all he is suspect while shooting your mtu…

I wish now I never told my story along with the idea of adding an anchoring feature to the bastion mod. To many are focusing on the stupid MTU.

This is not a I’m mad about losing my MTU I want changes now thread. That’s just the story that made me think it would be a cool feature to add to the bastion mod. Maybe it is a bad idea, but so far in this thread the only legitimate argument for not adding the feature is grieving the docking area.

I thought about it, but it could of been bait, and I was pve fit. A 6 mil MTU is nothing compared to a marauder.

1 Like

It does have a counter.

I agree with the OP, this thread is not about the MTU. I apologize for my own derailment.

The issue is, and as I’ve posted above, the Bastion module like Siege module was supposed to have, or did have and was nerfed, a 10x mass modifier. It does not now, and the question is why and should it be re-instated?

1 Like

I have different proposal : T2 bastion, requiring marauders l5. That way marauders would get way better than they are now.

But the thing people are saying is, “why?”

The only reason you seem to want this change is specifically because of that MTU story. You’re mad and angry that you lost a tiny 7-8m isk MTU and are now demanding and idea to make the Bastion module make you un-bump-able.

No other “siege” type module like the Industrial Core, the Siege Module or Triage Module make you entirely un-bump-able. So why should the Bastion module get this special change?

The only reason seems to be because you were mad that you got bumped and now want CCP to make sure it never happens to you again.

yes, this does. On activation, 10x mass multiplier.

Because why not ? If marauders also got the x10 mass multiplier, would you want to remove it ?

The 10x Mass multiplier is just that, a mass multiplier.
Where does it say that it is intended to make your ship unbumpable?

Why do you thing there is a 10x mass multiplier on the siege module ?

Probably to prevent them from being able to effectively use a capital microwarpdrive module and fly around.

But it’s definitely not to make the ships unbumpable.

It’s the opposite. The MWD is turned off when you siege, however the dread keeps the speed (10x mass = 10x longer to decelerate)

you’d be surprised.

Cool, so it’s like what I said. Prevent the use of the capital MWD.

I’m not surprised. Nothing about these modules say that they’re designed to prevent bumping. In fact, many capital ships still bump while in siege.

At the end of the day though, you’re free to make up things that aren’t true. The fact still remains that the OP only wants this change because he’s mad about getting bumped away from his MTU and losing it. I can’t see any other reason he is proposing this change.

facepalm.

No, it’s the opposite of what you said. The siege by itself set your max speed to 0. you can use the modules you want, when your speed is 0 even a *10 will still be 0 and you won’t move.

The x10 mass is useless at preventing the ship from moving. It’s the opposite, it prevent the ship from being moved. if It can’t move, you can’t move it either.

That’s not fact, that you brain farting.

Why is the reason of making a thread and asking the Eve community what they think.

As I now regret adding my story… sigh… I will say one more time, I care less about a MTU loss. I can afford to fly and loose a 2 billion+ isk ship, why would I care about a few million?

I think adding an anchoring feature or a large addition to mass to slow the results of a bump could make for interesting new strats. Or at least one type of ship would be immune/ resistant to bumping. As it takes a lot of training and isk to have a marauder, it’s not like it would ruin bumping as a mechanic.

Pointed out earlier in the thread marauders would not gain some huge advantage to sit by gates or stations. Bastion mode while active and for a minute after turning off give a weapons timer. Cant dock or use gates. Plenty of time to bump a marauder away in a minute. In fact it’s a bit of a disadvantage in my opinion.

1 Like

Such as…? Saving your MTU?

Now this just sounds like an attempt to just save face and move the discussion away after noticing the general disapproval of the original idea.

I don’t see how your hypothetical scenario is a “new strat” since it can be done already.

1 Like

You are completly misinterpreting what I have said.

You are not going to create any new strategies, you are going to almost entirely remove the only way to kill them with anything other than a blob.

How the hell would being locked into your position allow for new strategies? Being bumpable or not the marauder pilot is forced to sit there and has absolutly no possibility to influence his position himself.

Becoming unbumpable and further reducing the risk to lose an engagement in a totally overpowered ship is not a strategy it´s simply broken. And as I just said it´s actually only going to remove a strategy that can be used to actually destroy them.

And if you think that is not a huge advantage, maybe you should go out and try to fight some properly PvP fitted marauders, because I think you seriously lack experience in that area.

Your right, I dont have much pvp experience. If possible can you link a property PvP fitted marauder. That at least would give me an idea of what you are talking about. And why does bumping work well against one?

Most PvP chat or threads I read say PvP is rarely 1v1. So why engage a marauder by your onezy anyway?

1 Like

Anyone who tries to justify their idea with “it would make for interesting new strategies” is admitting their idea is probably lame. Your motivation was “I got bumped off my MTU” and that got shot down. Now you have nothing left except to say “maybe someone else can think of a good reason”.

If anybody wanted to make sure their ship (Marauder or not) is hard to bump, they’d fit a Higgs Anchor rig. But you don’t see too many folks running around with those.