Battlestar Galactica

It took me a decade and a half to finally watch the 2003 reboot. I really missed out. The story is superb, the acting and whole deal. Even the parts I thought could have been done better, were much better than 97% of everything else out there.

Now, to really nerd up the topic, I think that the 2003 BSG could have been the ‘in universe’ precursor to the 1978 BSG. I’ll let you watch the later show to the end of the 4th season to figure out why. I also think that the Bladerunner/Aliens storylines could occur within the 2003 BSG universe. “All this has happened before and all this will happen again.” - might be something that a replicant might say, hmm?

Plus, 2 Edward James Olmos stories are better than 1.

3 Likes

I have never seen the old version(like I have never seen the original Star Trek series whole), but I liked it very much.

The 2003 BSG is one of my favourite shows. The Adama Maneuver :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Mark O’HelmMark_O_Helm

12h

I have never seen the old version(like I have never seen the original Star Trek series whole), but I liked it very much.

You can now watch both versions at nbc.com till July 31. I’d give the old one a watch-thru. There are a lot of references to it in the newer one.

Also, Google ‘Starbuck and Starbuck drinking Starbucks at Starbucks’ for a grin.

2 Likes

I was a bit disappointed by the last episodes/season, but the Adama Maneuver is one of the coolest video moments of all time. :astonished:

Depending on region, you may have to go to SyFy.com to watch, but the cutoff date is the same. Site doesn’t like adblockers, predictably.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.