Beam does more dmg than pulse?

As far as I know… each type of weapon has to types of modules. 1. The short range burst. 3. Long range, high alpha.

But your case… idk.
Perhaps your skills or the lasers are fked up…

to be honest each turret type in the game has a special gimmick of its own apart of a general gimmick from the weapon type. its not just X is short ranged and high DPS while Y is long ranged with low DPS.

i would like for a better streamlining in the energy turret line tho. if you look at the Turret article in EVEUni all other turret types are well organized whereas energy turrets have this weird thing where theres 3 types of pulse and 2 beams at the small size. whereas medium and large have a setup of 2 types of pulse and 3 types of beams.

that could be easily fixed as just converting the Gatling Pulse Laser into a Gatling BEAM laser to follow the trend with cruisers and battleships then do some changes in numbers to ensure a proper transition from the highest short range laser to the lowest long range one.

and also perhaps revising the names of the laser family. other turrets have much more organized nomenclature (Hybrids specially).

There’s no problem, if you use the crystals that are intended for the turret!

Sorrynotsorry, this is like comparing t1 and t2 stripminers. Yes, t2 will suck hard compared to t1 - until you install the relevant crystal for what you’re mining!

1 Like

also strange… Quad light beam laser and heavy pulse laser do almost identical dps with multi, so a must have is an Omen with quad beams, 1600 plate and like 30k ehp or harbinger with dual 1600 plates and like 800 dps

Quads, Focused and Heavy are not the same in terms of damage - the ranges are different, and the range directly translates into damage for Energy turrets. To Quads do a lot less damage at the same range.
The other difference - and this is quite important - is in tracking. Quads track better than Focused which track better than Heavies.

It’s not just raw “whats the biggest number Pyfa gives me” but actually being able to apply damage in combat which is important.

http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Lasers#Tech_I_energy_turret_comparison

1 Like

think of beams as the artys of the laser world. beams were great for monster damage on stationary objects but useless on anything going more than 1ms

1 Like

Or as I like to think of it: Artillery is the slower firing, poor tracking equivalent of the Beam Lasers. Capable of huge damage on stationary barn doors, but useless against the evasive elephant.

Having been almost exclusively an energy turret pilot training into artillery as been a depressing experience.
(I could like autocannon though).

Who would have thought of such a crude idea: throwing rocks at starships.

Quite frankly the pulse fit can use a neutralizer with a little adjustment over the beam fit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.