Focused Medium Pulse Laser II, Scorch M
seventh slot???

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Acolyte I x 5

What kind of missions do you want to fly with it? Just asking because it is not really a hot pick for Missionrunning. L3 Missions are faster done (and cheaper) in an NavyOmen and for several of the best-paying L4 Missions your combination of Signature/Speed/DPS/Tank will make running them extremely difficult (or costly because you will need faction/deadspace items and implants).

If you really want to go with a NavyHarbinger, I’d go with a BeamLaser fit + MJD, minimal tank, sniping most stuff from 50-70km range. However, any engagements against Sanshas (massive Tracking Disruption) or Guristas (Missiles you can’t really evade with a BC) or Serpentis (SensorDampening so you can’t lock them from long range…) will suck.

yes, was originally thinking BattleCruiser for level 3 - and Oracle so fragile…

Then by all means use a Prophecy Navy Issue.

• Drones & Missiles give you complete free choice of damage type so you can use the weakest resistance of all opposing NPCs as your main damage
  • Drones & Missiles suffer a lot less from any NPC EWAR
  • Drones & Missiles give you a well rounded application against all kinds of opponents over good range

I use a beam fitted Navy Harbinger for level 3 missions.
Actually, I now use a Zealot, but I’ve deep pockets and well trained skills. I used to use a Beam Fitted Navy Harbinger. And I was very happy with it.
Anyway, the Navy Harbinger is comfortably able to hand the missions in almost any non-numpty fit. It is a highly capable ship.

My general guidance would be:
Heavy Beam Lasers. T2. Fill all turret slots - don’t worry about the utility high.
Mid-slots: afterburner, medium micro jump drive, tracking computer (tracking script), stasis webifier, some sort of cap. module (cap recharger II 'cos it’s easier to fit).
Low slots. Damage control, a couple of heat sinks, medium armour rep II, reactive armour hardener (I’m lazy), then a multispectrum hardener (or a third heat sink).
Rigs: armour resists if paranoid, weapon rigs or maybe a capacitor rig (semiconductor).
Drones to personal preference. Light helps kill small stuff.

Warp in. Engage as you close to orbit stuff at Multifrequency range - use the ability to fast swap crystals to ensure you are just inside optimal and getting best DPS. Take at least Aurora, Standard, MF, and Gleam (like MF but with a tracking bonus). Maybe the intermediate ones if you need them. Navy crystals if you can afford them are nice.
Pick small stuff off before it gets too close, web it if it does, or set the drones on 'em. You’ll be single shotting frigates.
Watch the capacitor - you don’t need stability, just learn to manage the cap. Never drop below 25% cap. Jump 100km away with the MJD if you need a pause to recover. Cycle the repair only when you need it - say if below 75% armour, but you’ll learn what you are comfortable with. Towards the end, if you need to, MJD closer to the larger enemy, load MF or Gleam and melt 'em.
Standard crystals have the least cap usage if you are struggling to manage your capacitor. If you are struggling then train those skills!

It’s a nice ship. Very Amarrian:
A gold brick with anger issues.

2 Likes

Oracle is pretty, but like the other races Attack Battlecruisers (Tornado, Naga, Talos) a bit of a glass cannon and maybe not so great of a brawl ship.

The advantage of those ships is that they can use large weapons on a Battlecruiser hull. Put beam lasers, sensor booster, medium microjumpdrive on it and use it as a sniper.

I ran a pulse shield tanked Harb for a while. Was quite fun and very inappropriate to use.

I’ve had the odd occasion to use an Amarrian ship with a shield fitted fleet (for reasons).
Yeah, fun and inappropriate.
A bit like only wearing a paper bag to swim with sharks.

One observation though: the Arbitrator isn’t an entirely awful thing to shield fit.

Unfortunately, you seem a little too far off, or I would have suggested my favorite ship, the spike ship.
Whenever you train Caldari ships, you should revisit the spike ship.

You get a laser boat with shields and low signature, highly mobile and agile or not so agile but very fast, which no scram can stop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.