Been self isolating from Eve / CCP for roughly the last 8 months+

Red Pearl.

Demoralization is a thing among angry people.

Whats the point of this thread? You come back after 8 months to make this crap thread? You don’t even state what you did in eve, just a general dislike of their direction and being bought by a korean company… For all we know you’re just some guy who sat in a barge all day

Who cares?

2 Likes

Awesome. And he is still sitting in his parents basement

i feel you, man. i’ve been trying to get back into eve online. it is my favorite game ever made. i am just bored with it, no matter what i try to do.

and seeing the last few years of changes which, like you say, doesn’t really jive with the spirit of the game and again - like you said - fails the ethos of our game world… seeing these things doesn’t make me think the game will “fail” but that maybe it’s just not for me. the game and i are growing in different directions, sort of like a relationship that went on for too long. it’s just not the game i started playing 6 years ago. i understand the game needs to grow. so do i.

i used to spend hours making videos, teaching explorers how to explore before the agency pointed everyone directly to the precious cosmic signatures. now i don’t even care to log in to do my favorite activities like making drugs and trading slaves. they even diddled the market, ya know? they’ve changed everything i do, almost like they followed my career as it evolved and stuck their diddle wand into everything i enjoyed. kinda feels like i shouldn’t even bother investing anymore game time into it because the game keeps changing.

if i sound gay or “overly emotional” it’s just because i really do care about this game - it’s my all time favorite game - and wanna see it do well, but i see it leaving my life, going down a road i don’t want to follow. i will come back again a few times, and like you, notice the little differences, the big differences, whatever. the “game” has not changed, i admit. just… the character has changed.

no bitterness here. just love. hope all is well

Isolating yourself from CCP doesn’t work if you’re still making posts in their official forums.

We’re heading straight towards more PvP and conflict.

The red dot was a distraction. They put a lot of effort into making sure people have something else to think and complain about, than the market and ore changes they’ve put onto this game. Have you actually thought these through? What it means for the bigger meta?

You yourself are proving, right in your post, that you only looked into a completely different direction. Look back at when they’ve implemented it and everything annoying around that time.

There’s more!
Do you remember this?

They told us that the artificial scarcity was just temporary …
… and now …
… like all politicians …
… did they change “temporay” into “permanent”.

Did you even notice?
I bet most people actually didn’t!

And apparently it’s fine!
All that energy went somewhere else!

You’re living proof of that! :smiley:

Next comes lowsec.
They’ve already started.
Faction Warfare.

At some point most new players will all start in faction warfare by default.
They’re hurting carebears and farmers and pushing PvP.
They will definitely have PvE quadrants as well,
because why should they not,
but the recent changes show that the era of the farmer has finally passed.

Of course! They don’t need the money anymore!

Devs are allowed to play again, which is great, because that’s super important!

We have a new community manager who apparently hangs out with people,
even in the wardec discord, which is a weird place to hang out at actually.

Too bad here she just swings the banhammer without actually participating in the discussions. But then again, none of the CCP people actually do on their own forums, because, why would they.

It would make a lot of sense for the devs to conspire against us using alts …
… with the ISDs being in on it, of course.

That, at least, would be what I’d be doing if I ran a part of the community team.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.