Belt rats rampage in 0.6 sec

Soooo, i do not play EVE often, and i return to it from time to time, just to mine a bit, in high-sec, calms me down, you know? The problem is, i recently tried to mine regular belts in 0.6 sec and sometime i trigger some sort of event, spawning huge Guristas fleet on me. It instantly warp-scrambles me and kills Retriever in like 5-6 seconds. Lost 2 ships in 5 hours at this point. Noticed that almost every time, small industrial Guristas Venture will spawn, fly around a bit, and it doesn’t matter, killed or not, it will drop on you larger fleet. Am i doing something wrong? Should i change my place of habitation to a higher sec? Or just whenever i see this small Venture scout, i get the hell out from there? Last time i got killed was extremely painful, because i pre-aligned to nearby sun, warped instantly, but the fleet got me before i jumped. Any insight about particular triggers or advice? I’ll soon hit Mackinaw, and i do not want to lose it like that.

You might be in a system with a Pirate forward operating base. https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Pirate_forward_operating_base

Good call, gonna check it right now, thanks!

Yup, 2 PWOD’s (or POD’s?) in the system, thanks for the intel.

No worries.

get a standing fix with guristas if you can (I think you can with skills, just can’t remember which), as long as it’s positive they shouldn’t drop you unless you engage their mining fleet.

Additional reference info on how FOBs function:
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Forward_Operating_Base

(the earlier link is to a smaller/less robust version of the article - there is an embedded link on each page referring to the other, but this puts both links in the thread as well).

1 Like

If you ever warp to a belt & see a bunch of Guristas Ventures mining warp out immediately. On seeing you they will promptly warp out and a Guristas fleet will warp in & smoke you.

If you initiate warp out immediately after seeing those Ventures you can warp out in time before the fleet blows you up.

I got caught by one of these fleets in Cleyd a while back, it was lots of DPS and one tackle cruiser, none of which I could do anything about since I was in a troll buffer tank Orca (then 520k ehp) and I was twenty minutes away from being able to launch my t2 hobgoblins. By the time the skill had completed I was in half structure, all I was interested in was getting rid of that tackle boat… which took another ten minutes but I somehow managed it with a little help from a couple corpmates who warped in to draw the dps off me, by the time I got off field I was in 18% structure!

Nearby FOBs will be listed in the agency - only takes a couple of seconds to check before you undock.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.