Belt Spawning + Npc Miners = Dang it Bobby

CCP something needs to change! Either spawn the belts to 100% every server reset and allow the Npc Miners to continue to mine or continue to spawn the belts with your weird formula and kill the Npc miners.

It is bad enough fighting the Npc miners for ore but to let the amount the Npc mine to count against the belt spawn is just crazy. What this does is screws the players out the ore on day one and then screws the players out of the ore the next day because of the spawning formula. This issue is even worse for players that plays later in the day because the players/Npc miners are eating up the belts before they can play. I have jumped all over Minmatar High Sec space and most belts are spawned to 60% at best but most then are below that.

7 Likes

Have you considered throwing down an athanor?

1 Like

I have thought about it but with the bad structure warfare and the cheap war dec system, I won’t.
There just is not much a solo player can do about this.

4 Likes

Have you considered de-subbing and putting this as your reason?

3 Likes

Since I have started playing, I have begun to see how skewed this game is again non PvP players. The imbalance between the players roles is what will drive me from this game. But thank you for the idea.

6 Likes

It takes a decent force to kill a properly fit athanor. Never worth the Hassel IMO. Just don’t rig it

2 Likes

Even if you just de-sub for a month, it gets the message home. Posting on the forums does not work.

And don’t put up an Athanor, it will just get dunked by war deckers.

4 Likes

Then why does CCP have a forum for Eve if they don’t read it or care enough about the health of the game/players to read it?

1 Like

It is not a solo game.

3 Likes

CCP Falcon is in charge of the Eve forums, he is ganker aligned. The de-subbing thing is the only way to get your message across.

This is a good example:

This includes but is not limited to the use of Alpha characters to scout for your Omega pilot, as well as using multiple Alpha characters for combat, or to place additional load on Tranquility.

And what does that most affect? Gankers.

They want you to play solo so you blind jump.

5 Likes

How do you figure that? CCP promotes cheap war decs to keep/force players to join/stay in NPC corps?! CCP promote the strong arm robbery of weak corp by cheap on going war decs. How does not that not spell out solo play?

3 Likes

Because it doesn’t. Playing EvE solo is asking for problems. The entire game is build upon the idea you cooperate with other players.

2 Likes

I have enjoyed this game more as a solo player then i ever did in any corp I have been in. This game punishes players for joining a corp. I do miss some group play but the current game does not promote group play. As for cooperating with other, I do. I build stuff and they buy it. This group play thing is just something we’ll have to disagree on.

7 Likes

Fair enough. Have fun.

This is the answer. No one belt mines anymore. Further’ athanors are cheap and largely disposable - but it doesnt really matter as no one is going to shoot some random athanor in highsec - just not worth the time and effort. Just find an out of the way highsec system - set an athanor up and then you are good to go.

Oth - if the op is too fragile to engage in the minimally risky endeavor of owning a structure in some backwoods highsec system - then he can always just ninja mine other people’s moons in highsec. If your in an npc corp there is nothing that prevents you from just mining someone’s moon in highsec - all they could do is gank you - but since they are highsec miners in the first place it doubtfully they will resort pvp.

3 Likes

Have you tried moving a few jumps away from Jita? There are hundreds of systems with full belts and no NPC or even players in system.

3 Likes

I have a great nullsec team with every structure you could need. High-end mining, high end ratting… Free JF service, cyno-jammed mining systems.

evemail in-game if interested.

2 Likes

To the op, you can either find a group or you will continue to have problems. If you decide you would like to join a laidback group msg me in game.

1 Like

Leave highsec get better ore and facilities.Stop sucking

1 Like

I mean I don’t want to be rude or something… but if you even have trouble with Highsec mining… EVE does have a learning curve, but I don’t think that’s what they mean by it.

1 Like