210 degrees Celsius equals 410 degree Fahrenheit. I’m certain the heat in the warehouse wasn’t that hot.
In this review data from the literature on thermal decomposition of ammonium nitrate (AN) and the effect of additives to their thermal decomposition are summarized. The effect of additives like oxides, cations, inorganic acids, organic compounds, phase-stablized CuO, etc., is discussed.
The effect of an additive mainly occurs at the exothermic peak of pure AN in a temperature range of 200°C to 140°C.
An additive was added to the AN in the warehouse to make it decompose and then explode. I’d say it was the Russians seeing as how the entire load was taken from a Russian ship for unknown reasons.
What is interesting is that packets of seeds from China have started to mysteriously appear in the U.S. for no reason. I wonder if there is a connection between the seed packets in the U.S. and the potential for Ammonium Nitrate to explode? I wonder if the the seed packets from China cause rapid thermal decomposition in fertilizers in the U.S. that have ammonium nitrate in them that are being used for indoor and outdoor plants that would then cause a possible explosion or fire to start in a home?
An explosion might not happen, but the possibility of releasing small particulates of poison gases into a home might happen as a result of the seed converting the fertilizer into energy that the seed needs to grow.