[News, speculation!] Twenty Fatalities in Poisoning Incident Aboard Rens Station, Weaponized Psychoactive Suspected

While it may have been buried in the recent slew of news reports, I trust most of you are aware that there was a gas attack on board the Brutor Tribe Treasury in Rens recently.

This is obviously terrible news, and I have already received information that the obvious suspects are responsible, though I dare not make any claims personally right now.

As somebody has already tried to donate supplies: If anyone wishes to assist I would be happy to pull whatever weight I have in the tribe to make sure you will be allowed to. Supplies would surely be welcomed, though I suspect the real need is going to be for helping hands as the many people displaced will be in need of shelter,care and food while the habitat area is being sweeped. I am personally doing what I can to assist with security and looking after those displaced, though the real work is being done by the marines and the SSR. Spirits be with them.

And while food and medical supplies are not necessarily in short supply, volunteers to work with them sometimes can be.

In the meantime, I don’t suppose anyone has any exciting theories on who might be responsible for this latest breach in peace?

5 Likes

Hypothesis #1.
Minmatar terrorists tried to use the gas against peaceful Amarr citizens, but improper vessel handling caused a leak.

Hypothesis #2.
It might be just some waste that reacted together and created such effect.

Hypothesis #3, with just one word.
Angels.

We know who’s behind it. It is well in hand.

4 Likes

Wait, was it just an admission of guilt?..

1 Like

No. Minmatar weren’t behind it.

I’ve been here since I first heard what happened, and brought supplies. I’m very concerned over this incident, for personal reasons.

6 Likes

Hang on, is that…

Do you need anything else sent or brought?

1 Like

Food and medicine would help, as would manpower. Some of these people are likely to be in the care of volunteers for some time, particularly the ones whose homes where damaged. Hopefully the total number will end up being small.

Unfortunately once a crisis disappears from the eye of the media, aid and donations also dry up, even though the aftermath of attacks or disasters can drag on for months or years. But if we have a small stockpile, then there shouldn’t be any problems on that front.

3 Likes

There should be a CBRN team, security assets, supplies for them and any further injuries, as well as budgetary considerations for the longer-term if needed waiting to be received.

2 Likes

This is honestly what I am most concerned about, and I will be keeping some ISK ready in case donations are needed. After all, it is my tribe.
The Treasury is a prosperous station, and the security forces are more then capable of handling the situation and housing the displaced people in the short term, but in today’s galaxy, those who will be out of a house for a longer period do not always receive enough. Ideally, the clans of the affected will take care of them, but not everyone is blessed with a generous one.
And some foreigners simply do not have one.

Still, it is all under control right now, I think. Though it is still a tragedy for the twenty who already died.

3 Likes

That’s why I included a quarter-billion in the contract with everything else. Let me know if you need more.

3 Likes

Donating some food and medicine, and assigning military personnel to the cause, along with four of the more capable scientists from my teams, that can help with the investigation, regarding the gas spread.

Brutor%20Station%20Aid

I hope this helps.

5 Likes

Wow!!

Thank you, Veskin and Arrendis! That will certainly help. I’l make sure the supplies reach the appropriate authorities, and keep any surplus in storage to be donated to the victims who need long-term support. When or if government support dries up, aid organizations can make use of these.

Thank you. It is nice to know we have room in our hearts for more then one problem at a time.

5 Likes

At this point, I can say that the circumstancial evidence suggests Blood Raiders are far more likely than Angels, Diana Kim.

3 Likes

At first I thought maybe its first documented use of Fedo as a chemical weapon. These critters reputation doesnt have to be even more bad.

2 Likes

Possibly related attacks in the Empire and Kingdom:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/amarr-and-khanid-holdings-attacked-in-chemical-and-viral-bombing-incidents/

1 Like

I am certain if the dear Sa-Baron Chakaid were so concerned to “root out the corruption within Empire and Kingdom” as he put it, I have no doubt as an act of sincerity he knows how to find enough rope and promptly hang himself with it.

5 Likes

Certainly related. The attack on my family will not go unpunished.

3 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion you’ll do exactly as much about this, as you did dealing with the ones attacking our families. Exactly fuckall. If you not only fail to keep your own house in order, but actively support the nation backing these attacks on our blood and kin, you and yours get exactly what you deserve.

4 Likes

You have no idea what actions I am taking or have taken regarding either event.

And which nation is that which you claim that I support? Do you have conclusive evidence that this is state action rather than individual or rogue nation?

2 Likes

You’ve already made it abundantly clear that you will dismiss any evidence, even when it’s corroborated by multiple people including your own damn loyalists, if it doesn’t fit your ridiculous narratives. Just go hide in a station or a plex again, weakling.

1 Like