Best Newb Careers?

Don’t overly worry about it. The reason I want a higher isk/hr ratio first, is because I know I can play more later if I get these techniques down now.

And sure enough it’s paying off. My first day back after my 10 year break, I made only 3million isk the entire game play.

Now I am close to making that on the trading cycles alone…and as mentioned am getting close to the ~20mil/hr ratio now on revenue doing what I like to do, scans.

This all leads to preparing me to go off the deep end back into lone-wandering Null and W-space.

And now that those techniques are mastered, it’s pretty easy to do the revenues, and the skill with it keeps the risk low and cost down. I consider my 3mil Imicus for revenue to be a high cost…I should be doing it in a half-a-mil boat :slight_smile:

Definately cl1-3 wh NPC pirate relics. Intact salvage can net tons and has no volume. I fly around for hrs in an astero/helios and make tons.

Data sites I’ll do but they’re not as good unless you want to save on invention I believe.

Obligatory Note - technique refers to your personal ability to do something, juxtapose your skill levels which makes it easier to have no technique, like an Omega.

body

You stick to the non-hostile sites? Want a discussion bout sig-tanking hostile sites? I want to examine (then experiment) with the practicals of sig-tanking while hacking hostile data/relics. I’ve heard it possible for gas mining, so should be same for the hostile waves unless their ships are too small?

Signature

Be Alpha

This toon’s forum signature speaks of his relevance highly. I’m trying to be polite.

That’s an interesting idea.
And it might work in a C1 site named Forgotten Perimeter Power Array as that is one of very few sleeper relic sites in worlmhole space that has no E-War in it’s initial spawn.
If you want to signature tank in this situation, an afterburner should be mandatory and maybe an active armor tank, since you will need the mid slots for hacking module and probmodule already.

Here is a list with all wormhole sites and what NPCs they will spawn:
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Wormhole_C1_Sites

1 Like

Obligatory Note - technique refers to your personal ability to do something, juxtapose your skill levels which makes it easier to have no technique, like an Omega.

I’ll be sure to be polite when alpha goonswarms take all your best sites lol.

Signature

Be Alpha

I’ll have to go through the sites list then I guess and see what size weapons they have? If they are always BS then this is likely viable? If they have frigates then this will likely never work?

Signature

Be Alpha

i think that, once again, you should read and discuss before
because

1. relic/data sites with sleepers are mainly combat sites
    what you need is this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17cNu8hxqJKqkkPnhDlIuJY-IT6ps7kTNCd3BEz0Bvqs/pubhtml#
    you will see all npcs types for each site
    and as you can see there are frigs, many frigs. And there are webs, many webs.
    so no, you cannot
    actually it is not designed to be sig tanked by an explo while you are hacking, you see?
    it is designed to see players kill npcs then hack…
  2. the loot in the cans is not the same as normal explo loot. If i remember correctly, the volume of the looted items is much larger. You won’t be able to haul it
    so focus on pirate sites

Have a look at the C1 Relic Site “Forgotten Perimeter Power Array”. The initial spawn are 2 cruiser sized sleepers. No E-War at all. The cruisers are the trigger for the next spawn. Don’t kill them, and you will have no E-War to deal with.
I believe with a correctly fitted frigate it can be possible to hack these cans while tanking their dps. But it may require omega-skill levels to actually do it.

Magnate Fit

[Magnate, C1: Forgotten Perimeter Power Array]
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Relic Analyzer II

Core Probe Launcher II
Salvager II
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Salvage Drone I x2
Hornet EC-300 x3
Acolyte II x3

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

I’m not saying it’s a good idea, I’m neither saying it’s worth the time. But I would not say it’s impossible.

In every other site where E-War or frigates are a thing I agree, The chance to successfully sig-tank there are close to zero.

yes i was talking in general for most sites. For the site type you quote, you are right, it might be possible, but i am not sure he could tank them in an imicus with alpha restrictons while hacking…

1 Like

Smoking bongs and training, and playing other games?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.