Best ship for Alphas to mine with thats not a venture?

If want to make the most mining in a Venture do moon mining. If your corp doesn’t have one, that’s fine, just steal from someone else’s. I find a bunch scattered through lowsec. You can mine the remains of the op, just make sure the system is fairly quiet.

1 Like

Gnosis

I worked out that the Talos can work pretty well as an alpha mining ship when jet-can mining. I think you can get around 15 m3/s of ore out of it

Something like this (I think it’s alpha friendly, but still lots that can be modified on it as your skills dictate):

[Talos, Alpha Miner]

Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II
Expanded Cargohold II
Elara Restrained Mining Laser Upgrade
Elara Restrained Mining Laser Upgrade

‘Wild’ Miner I
’xxxx’ Miner I
’xxxx’ Miner I
’xxxx’ Miner I
’xxxx’ Miner I
’xxxx’ Miner I
’xxxx’ Miner I
’xxxx’ Miner I

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Cargohold Optimization I

Harvester Mining Drone x2

Alphas can’t use mining drones, and that ‘Wild’ miner isn’t even on the market and has to be found in contracts for about 90 million ISK each, not to mention those laser upgrades are 25 million each…

1 Like

My bad, a little too careless on Pyfa and it giving too many options

The ‘Wild’ can be exchanged with a Miner I or miners that have 60 or less CPU requirement like the Particle Bore Compact, (or EP-S Gaussian if you boost the CPU one more time). The hull still works as a decent alpha mining platform.

I didn’t think that back-end skill of Deep Core was Alpha available. (relating to Mercoxit mining) And no access to mining crystals either.

The Venture is it. Further enhancement can be;

Implant “highwall MX-1003” which gives an extra 3% yield. 1005 is out of Alpha skill range. (there is also a gas version, and you cannot use ice). Just do some missions with a mining agent, earn some LP. Then purchase implants out of the LP Store. Gypsy EE 603 can help with the CPU fitting issues - mining modules are CPU intensive.

Using all tech2; mining laser II and mining upgrade II.

Do not bother with Michi and do not touch ORE faction mining lasers. If you are going to burn a couple of billion isk for mining, may as well sub.

Then fleet with an Omega that has boosts. Mining cycle reduction is at least 30% increased yield.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.