Best t1 battleship for smartbombing

My corporation is currently engaged in faction warfare and we are usually fighting a bunch of punishers and I was wondering what the best battleship for smartbombing them outside the activation gate. I can fly any battleship but specialize in caldari. We usually deal with about 20 punishers so I want to make sure I can rank long enough for them to die.

Machariel. (Pirates are T1 :stuck_out_tongue:slight_P) It’s a very wide and long BS

Second would be the Apocalypse. The longest BS but a bit thinner than the Machariel.

Rokhs are also popular as they have a significant shield tank.

I think I used Tempests with EM smartbombs in one of my old alliances because they had a slightly better EM armor resistance than other ships.

Rokh
[Rokh, rokhing chair]
Damage Control II
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I

Large Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
EM Ward Field II
EM Ward Field II
100MN Afterburner I

Large EMP Smartbomb II
Large EMP Smartbomb II
Large EMP Smartbomb II
Large EMP Smartbomb II
Large EMP Smartbomb II
Large EMP Smartbomb II
Large EMP Smartbomb II
Large EMP Smartbomb II

Large Core Defense Field Extender II
Large Core Defense Field Extender II
Large Core Defense Field Extender I

maybe a LSE would be better than a cap recharger, and replace a SB with a cloak.

You want to have the following requirements met:

• has 8 high slots
  • has enough capacitor regeneration to let them run for a long time (when someone warps in your direction, you have your buddies turn them all on)
  • preferably they all do the same damage and you fit your ships with enough resistance to tank it for a long time
  • positioning is key! position your ships close enough to each other that your area of effect damage won’t allow much empty space in between
  • if in nullsec, two bubbles may help to move your targets into your preferred position

Happy pipe-bombing!

1 Like

HARK been successfully using abaddons

I just lost my pod to a smartbomber lol, saw them in local and didn’t even think. He was using a dominix.

I don’t think anyone uses machs because they’re long and wide, but because of their warp bonuses. Mach pilot with hyperspacial rigs can beat a ship to next gate if they see something bombable coming in on the gate they’re sitting on.

I know some guys in Rancer use machs with hyperspacial or polycarb rigs iirc.

I have been using a tempest, https://zkillboard.com/kill/68088190/ cheap and cloaky because solo with no alt account.
3x em bombs go off first and then 4x explosive bombs. I make a bookmarks about 5100m from gate and cloak, soon as someone enters local and my gate didn’t fire I decloak and spam scanner. I wait till they’re just in range of my ship then hit f2-f4 then f5-f8.

If you’re solo and sharing a pipe with other pirates sit on a highsec gate.

what fit is punisher? if its twin 400mm plate your prolly gonna need a few smartbombers, these things typically have around 20k ehp…

Rohk is good. Dont hang around at a gate to long, you want to get a few cycles off to kill them.

Sniping Rokh is much more fun.

There’s an informational video about this sort of thing:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.