Better first person camera

Currently the first person camera when flying a ship is basically useless as the vast majority of the time you will not be directly facing the action, and thus cannot see anything interesting when using the camera.

Please can we have a first person camera that we are allowed to move in all directions and have it remain in the same place we choose, without resetting as soon as we let go of the mouse?

2 Likes

This is not FPS. EVE is RPG based RTS. Want action? Play Star Conflict and similar.

I’m just asking to be able to move the camera round that is already in the game.

Ok. I misunderstand you. But this still will be hard to control ship and stay 100% combat effective since you need both hands to control ship. But yes, battles will look more epic.

No problem. I agree for small gang/solo PVP it would be, however for large fleet battles where you are just pressing f1 mainly, or ratting etc I think it would be fine.

Well, I made standalone numpad on usb to be more effective in missions etc. Since using F’s with lot of turret’s is not comfortable.

And the very distorted wide angle looks dumb.

I really think that they need to redo the first person view together make it more and like an interactive cockpit with like a screen like Elite danger has no. I’ve never played Elite Danger but I’ve watched the YouTube videos and it looks freaking awesome

In Eve, you are inside a fluid-filled pod, with cables connecting the ship to your nerves and other senses. You don’t sit in a chair and push buttons, you command the ship with your mind.

Hey! Great sentences! … I believe when I can complain, I should also do the opposite!

They could do something with your webcam and eye tracking if you really want to play it that way and it being controlled with your mind maybe some lunch your drones and other function it will be a pretty cool regardless of the realistic nest it would just give the first person view a little more interaction

Eve isn’t a dogfighting game. For that, you have much better games out there. In Eve, you command a massive spaceship in 3D-space, more like an RTS than a flight-simulator. This game doesn’t translate very well into first person as you need much more situational awareness than you can get from a first person view.

While you could improve the first person camera, it would still be the inferior way to control your ship in space for many reasons, the biggest being that you are stuck in first person.

there is a first person camera mode in this game?
what for?
sorry … can you explain when you would use it? i just cant imagine that in eve

thx

JuuR

this is what happens when you don’t have a cockpit cam and a ton of people are flooding the forums demanding one that doesn’t even exist in the lore, and ccp “lets just give them something to shut them up”

1 Like

Fixed for accuracy.

Why not, the first person camera can be good for some content creators and such. I would never use it in a fight, but it’s sometimes fun to fly in middle of huge blob with the first person camera on. It just looks cool.

Mmmm… drones for lunch. Tasty.

Good luck getting them to make camera changes. Ever since the old camera went away we have been begging for custom tracking position to be returned.

2 Likes

I made this suggestion a year or two ago. My suggestion was to have an option to lock the camera above the roll axis of the ship (if we were actually able to roll rather than just pitch and yaw using the manual controls) forward of the ship pitch axis, approximately where the cockpit of a conventional aircraft would be.

For those of us with actual pilot experience, this would be a helpful option. My experience is based on 2000+ hours flying the F-4 Phantom in the USAF (a long time ago). I don’t know if that experience would translate well to EvE, but it would be an interesting option.

In addition to the fixed camera view, I also suggested that the camera be able to rotate to permit an ‘out the cockpit’ view, by depressing and holding the right mouse button, and moving the mouse to change the view angle.

This would also come very naturally to actual pilots, since they are strapped into the seat facing forward, but are able to rotate their heads to change the field of view.

Yes, in EvE, we are in a tank somewhere, but that doesn’t mean that this action couln’t be duplicated by a visual sensor on the vessel.

1 Like

But then if you were in cockpit or 1st person YOU COUNTDNT SEE THE BEAUTIFUL ART TEAM CASH MONEY SKINS AND WOOD BE LESS LIKELY TO OPEN UP THAT WALLET SHORTY!

GREED IS GOOD AND BETTER THAN DECENT COCKPIT/1ST PERSON VIEW