Bind escalations by region

Stop with that stupid “I know better what you want than you do” stuff. Else we won’t have a conversation.

If these expeditions are right now not worth running because the effort isn’t worth the rewards (aka it drops way too few stuff to justify the travel and risk), then by all means CCP shall take a look and see what they can do about it. But if they do, they should keep the risk high and don’t make it another convenient in-my-backyard farming stuff that will usually spawn a few jumps out anyway. Because, you know what will happen with that region-bind? In entire nullsec “in your region” usually means blue-space and that results in literally zero PvP-risk when doing them under your intel-umbrella and probably a lot of support close by.

The risk shall stay and then CCP can tweak however they think is nessessary to make those attractive despite the effort. Special materials that you can only gain from there would be nice, because these would become pretty rare and valuable, for sure they can find uses in some production process for it.

2 Likes

Then stop pretending it’s only a matter of personal experience like it discarded the issue.
The game as a whole is a matter of personal experience. Why are you even bringing that up ?
There is no conversation to start with when you use such a stupid “if you disagree with me it’s because your personal experience don’t give you a fair view in the whole matter” argument. It’s but a show of arrogance, claiming that YOUR personal experience negates any other’s.

I done a few expedition and most were a complete loss of time, like negative value losing drones and ammo, even sometimes a ship for no reward AT ALL.

It’s not even about drop rate, just like two thirds of them do not complete.
say it is a 5-step with 3/4 completion after the first and 10 jumps each step.
you have 1/4 chance to end at step 1 so 25% are 10 jumps
You have 3/16 chance to end at step 2 so 18.75% are 20 jumps
1/4×(3/4)^2 = 14% chance to do 30 jumps
1/4×(3/4)^3 = 8% chance to do 40 jumps
(3/4)^4 = 31.6% chance to do 50 jumps and get the chance for a reward

On average you do 29.5 jumps and you have 31.6% chance to reach the end. So on average to reach the final escalation, you need to do 93.2 jumps. And then come back !
And sometimes it’s more than 10 jumps per step ! okay sometimes it’s also less and some expeditions have less than 5 steps. But it still has less reward than a single DED. You have the same number of intermediate commanders when you run a single DED, you have more drop, you have less jumps.

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe there are some that are worth it. Still every time I gave them a shot I was completely disappointed.

1 Like

From my 12+ years of experience, expeditions from unrated sites like Lookouts and Hideouts are completely terrible, they rarely take you to the end and even if they do, the amount of time wasted traveling all over the world is usually not worth the loot that drops if any.

Escalations from anomalies however are very much worth it. Only 1 step, usually not more than 10 jumps away with much better drop rates and from 5/10 onwards, the OPE become quite valuable as well. If you know that right areas of high sec to farm anoms, you can get escalations that will spawn 8 out 10 times in high sec, even getting 5/10s in high sec.

Farming anoms in my usual area just yesterday, got all these in under an hour, all spawned in high sec.

Unrated sites and their expeditions are a complete waste of time and need to be rebalanced.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.