Black Record

Those who tangle with occult powers, tend to go insane and/or die in rather graphic fashion.

And by graphic, I mean, the mortuary attendants have to use a bucket to collect the deceased, rather than a coffin.

1 Like

Confirming it on personal experience, ms. Valate.
First, as a member of Eleutherian Guard, and Alexylva Parafox, I slowly went insane;
Then, I joined a corp created by Anyanka Funk (who set my madness free) in Delve, and I enjoyed killing others and dying myself; because it was chaos, and chaos refreshes the universe.

Every my random derp was, and is, a little bubble in a God’s glass of champagne that is New Eden.

And then, I died in KFIE-Z in a quite graphic fashion. But the Red God sent me back.
To make more bubbles in the glass.

So right you are!

Blood is sacred, sister Aria. You are stronger than him, because you are fluid, and his inner imaginatory law makes him rigid and weak. Let the strongest prevail. Destroy the weakling who drinks the blood of the helpless. End the Butcher. I’m with you.

Oh, gods. And here is support I do not need especially since I am trying NOT to get myself or those close to me set on fire by my allies.

Okay, so, for any Sabik going “Yaaaaay, blood magic, one of us, one of us, one of us!” in some variation or other?

Even if it’s especially important to the Amarr, and even more to the Sabik, blood’s a near-universal symbol. If you look at it in a sort of primordial, pre-scientific symbolic sense, and what its role in our lives is, it’s pretty much liquid life. That’s not something that comes from being Sabik; it comes from from being multi-cellular, warm-blooded organisms with blood in us and a tendency to ascribe symbolic meaning to important things.

And the thing the Sabik particularly do? Taking blood from someone else? Stealing another’s strength? That’s not what’s going on here. That person isn’t using someone else’s blood; she’s using her own.

Also if you pay attention to what she says she kind of dismisses you all as “limited fools.”

… actually that does sound a little like me … but … uh.

Anyway, in other words, even if that person were … somehow … related … to … me:

Huh-uh ew gross no.

6 Likes

I know. I’d like to kill you too!

But Nauplius is that unlucky sort of a self-contradicting clown who annoys literaly everybody so, any petty sympathies or differences might wait until he is out of the picture.

Actually, if you have time to spare, I’d like to lose a t1 fit Slasher to you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m gonna show you a Qí character 中 his means center or central or middle those are most common of translations did you see that in the video

It’s… IT’S VIRAL MARKETING FOR AN UPCOMING “INTERSTELLAR INTRIGUE” HOLO-ADAPTATION.

7 Likes

I just choked my coffee right up into my nose.

… Thanks, Jev. That was pretty good.

Now I need to get a napkin. Or a towel.

3 Likes

You need a Napkin?..

Hey, Napkin… Know how to unsummon a demonic coffee spew?

2 Likes

Okay. Now I need a towel too.

1 Like

It’s the only explanation for all the overwrought horror tropes, and the flaky, ah, “romantic” intrigue.

Okay, okay, someone could also be fueling certain-people-named-Nauplius’ obsession with you, for whatever bloody reason, pardon the association there.

But I can hope, right?

3 Likes

Update:

Achurans are not a common find among the slave population of the Amarr Empire, but the vile Agency sponsored “liberation” event has made vast quantities of Freed Slaves available on the SSC markets, and some few of those are Achuran. The handful of Achurans among my vast Freed Slave purchases over the last week have been transported to my home base in Mehatoor, where they were tortured by my able associate Pasiphae Metis and made to answer questions regarding the magicks performed by Aria Jenneth in the OP.

During their few moments of lucidity amidst the pain, most of the Achuran Freed Slaves would only profess ignorance. There were two exceptions. One, a university student before being claimed in a slaver raid, said she used to entertain her dormmates with some sort of pop-fortune telling using star charts like those used by Aria in the record, and if a stone would fall in the section of the charts being worked by Aria, that meant the person was overly confident and egotistical. The other, a senile old woman, told a sort of rambling tale which seemed to be some combination of folklore and personal experience. Poor and abused by her boss at work, one day at midnight she went to a crossroads and buried a candle just like that used by Aria here containing her and her boss’s birthdates, along with other ritual elements used in Achuran “money spells”. When she returned home the next day, she found that her poor hut had been transformed into a impressive, spacious house. When she went to work, she found all her co-workers groveling before her, including her old boss. It dawned on her: she was the foreman, the boss, and had always been the boss.

Followers of Naupliusism are reminded that Molok the Deceiver does wax strong in these last years of the Golden Age, and that premature jumping to conclusions that may seem obvious now may lead you to eternal damnation. Our research continues.

Um. Mr. Nauplius? I understand if you don’t consider me anything like a reliable source for such things, but, it sounds like you probably caught mostly or maybe even entirely culturally Caldari ethnic Achura. That’s not surprising; they outnumber us by a lot and have more access to space.

If you’re serious about directing your research at such things, Achur astrology, or “Stargazing,” is actually a really widespread, codified, and well-established practice in rural Achura. Those charts, with the dates on them? They’re familiar to pretty much any rural Achur. Stargazers are a powerful enough segment of Achur society that a lot of our capsuleers come from there. They’re considered “seekers,” along with the monks and inventors. … those most in touch with the cosmos. People consult them for readings on all kinds of stuff, from births and weddings to business deals and construction projects. There are even conversion methods for interpreting “alien” skies.

You can probably find a written primer to Achur astrological methods somewhere without too much trouble; Achur practices become popular with outsiders (mostly Caldari businesspeople looking for an edge) from time to time. I went looking into it myself back when I researching Achur folklore and superstition for that cultural series I did. If you start with a basic student’s text, your people should be able to interpret it without too much trouble.

So really there’s no need to torture anyone, and there’s no need to rely on me, either.

Just, see for yourself.

3 Likes

Have you ever considered saving yourself a ton of ISK and effort by just looking these sorts of things up through public information networks?..

Seriously, pal, the only thing you’d need for me to no longer believe you’re anything but some Galnet kiddies fictional Bad Guy is a damn twirlable moustache.

Or a daily deep fried puppy. That’d work too.

1 Like

Please don’t givehim ideas.

4 Likes

Eh, they poked the clown and now the clown is pratfalling, gibbering and the blood is hitting the walls and ceiling like every time the clown is poked. Who could possibly have foreseen this turn of events?

There really must be a severe dearth of things to do in New Eden if this is what passes as boredom relief among SFRIM.

2 Likes

Aria says I will find my answers in a student’s text made for outsiders. I will not comply. Aria’s curse upon me was not some white, fluffy bunny magic, but rather the other kind: dark, vile, forbidden. The kind of spells printed in black and red upon vellum and bound in a black-dyed animal leather cover festooned with sigils. The kind of texts sold in underground shops along with drugs and employees with black lipstick and piercings. Men with black lipstick and piercings. To these places I have sent my agents, seeking out the darkest, most vile Achuran Stargazing texts, including those that convert the stars to those of other worlds like Danera V.

And the Freed Slaves I will make to interpret those texts continue to trickle in.

Chapter Two…

Naups goes to the Goth Shop.

6 Likes

And they’ll still lie to you and tell you whatever they think you want to hear, because you have no idea how to cultivate actual relationships with people.

5 Likes

Nauplius,

You have no way to force anyway to tell you the truth, all your torture does is get them to say what you want to hear.

Physical torture does not work. If you want to gleam their secrets, you must break the spirit. Your weak mind has never ventured to that realm.

To break the spirit, you must first be broken…or you will never understand the power beyond your view.

2 Likes

I like fluffy bunny magic, bunnies are sooo cute and FLUFFY!!! :heart_eyes: . As a former Glamour Bunny i know my bunnies :grin:

1 Like