[Blackguard] deSilvestris Combat Footage

True to form, I knew one of you would have a last little cheap and badly aimed shot. I doubt it shall be the last. How tiresomely predictable, but there is something that does surprise me.

The only person to acknowledge the bravery and tenacity of Minmatar Ground Forces, the only one to openly commend them on the Honour with which they fought in East Hav, is I, the leader of the forces they fought so valiantly against. It truly troubles me how galling that must be for them, for their memory, for their loved ones. Please do not trouble yourselves to bother with their memory either. I have seen to it that they have received decent burials, and I shall have prayers said for their souls too. They died well, they deserve proper commeration, and I promise they shall get it, just as the fallen of deSilvestris shall. Both sides fought with the full conviction of their cause, and is something that both sides and those who support them can take pride in. No Commander could ask for more.

Though foes they may have been, I can do no less for such Noble Warriors. They, at least, have earned my respect.

1 Like

Oh, look, more self-aggrandizing.

Did you make sure they received proper burials, in accordance with the traditions of their Clans and Tribes, or did you just desecrate their remains with Amarr rituals they would have found as abhorrent as your prayers?

2 Likes

Oh look, another last comment! It is as though you Tribals desperately need to feel as though your voices were the last ones heard. I am sure that speak volumes.

I am not going to grace your inane question with even a sarcastic answer, tempting though that is, because I do not believe you actually give the least care about the fate of those your profess to protect. Especially when certain amnogst you would not even countenance the suggestion of evacuating civilians.

Request denied, but, of course, feel free to indulge your addiction to having the last word, however empty it may be.

Don’t tempt her, Ekaterina. She will.

That said, I am glad you’ve made it off the planet at last.

I look forward to you joining the front in space soon.

2 Likes

It will be an Honour to join you, Sir.

However, there is one more final, and very important point that I must make, regarding the evacuation of the civilians of East Hav. Whilst it may well be that it was only I who voiced concerns over their wellbeing, my wish to see them to safety would have been as nought without the selfless and humanitarian efforts of Maira Blackfire and Oona Aldeland, who were also willing to put the innocent before their own concerns. I have much respect for them both because of this.

The greatest credit, however, I believe must go to Lady Liliana Llyr, who, at risk to herself and her people, effected the evacuation proper, again under the aegis of Maira Blackfire in a selfless act. Not only did Lady Llyr take the men, women, and children of East Hav to safety, but she ensured that they were able to freely travel from there to wherever they wished to go, and offered every one of them the financial support to do so, if they required it.

If this entire episode has one noble Hero from it, it is Lady Llyr.

3 Likes

Im really glad to hear that Lady Llyr got them out safe

2 Likes

Serious question(s);

Did you leave them there to rot?

Did you do anything with regards to them?

Would you be willing to allow us to retrieve their bodies so they can receive a proper burial?

I don’t believe those are sarcastic and the only last word I would ask for would be in regards to the last question, which hopefully you would reply last on.

What an interesting change of tone.

In answer to your first two questions:

No, I had no intention to do any such thing. As I have already said and repeated, they fought with bravery and died with Honour, and in death they shall be treated with respect.

Yes. I made arrangements firstly for them to be taken to a make-shift morgue. Whilst it is not an ideal situation for them, it is the only practicable temporary solution available whilst I make further arrangments for them to have as appropriate a burial culture, as possible.

They fell to deSilvestris Household Naval Infantry. I consider them to be my responsibility.

1 Like

This, for the record, is not standard military protocol. The recovery of casualties and funeral arrangements are the responsibility of the armed forces to which the men and women in question belonged to.

I will officially request, as the Commanding Officer of the Stormwinds Paramility Circle and allied coalition working alongside Republic Command and Brutor Vanguard forces, that you allow these casualties to be returned to their rightful custody.

If their commanding officers are unable to, for what ever reason, recover them, then StormWinds will be made available to receive custody.

2 Likes

Well, I would ask the same as what Cain has requested for similar reasons he mentioned, but you have my thanks for the respect given.

1 Like

It still has not been adequately explained what Lady deSilvestris was doing on Floseswin IV and why civilians were being evacuated rather than enslaved in the middle of a Reclaiming. I am sure Lady deSilvestris has adequate answers, but…it looks bad.

Cain Aloga - I am fully aware of what is and what is not standard military protocol. You are quite correct, of course, though I know very few capsuleers or paramilitary organisations who adhere that closely to such things. Please be assured that I have contacted the nearest Commanders of the regular Republic Armed Forces to make arrangements for the transfer of fallen Minmatar soldiers. I shall deal with them directly, and only them. That is my final word on the matter.

Deitra Vess - Please see my response above, but you are welcome. All those who fought in East Hav, both the survivors and the fallen, are a credit to their respective Armed Forces.

Nauplius - What you mean is that it has not been adequately explained to you. There is a reason for that. All those who need to be aware of such things already are.

3 Likes

Again, I must say thank you.

1 Like

I can now confirm that repatriation of the remains of all fallen Minmatar personnel to regular Republic Forces has now been completed with no complications.

I pray that they find peace in whichever Afterlife they believed in.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.