Redacted

:grin:

I want to buy crypto currency with my Isk. Already trained currency trading to V.

1 Like

And what exactly would the benefit be of that? Transactions can take hours until they make it into the block chain, how would this even be remotely useful? Why would you increase to load of the game by implementing a crypto miner into the game? This makes absolutely no sense.

This is a game about spaceships, the intended purpose is having fun. If you want to mine crypto, with the intend to make money, go mine crypto.

Also coupling a game economy with RL currency would be really really bad. Do you really think I want to pay taxes for my internet spaceship riches?

14 Likes

On that i agree with you.

This could bring tax avoidance corps to a whole new level though. :rofl:

1 Like

So you want them to ditch projects discovery and other more needed stuff people would actually play EVE for, and discover the lucrative (or not) world of blockchain technology.

People these daysā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Also I dont see how it could be incorporated into EVE, I see only cassinos there, CCP doesnt run cassino. I wanted them to make WIS and put there pachinko machines with levers. Machines that could pay out rewards, so a lottery of some kind, and balls for it would be bought with ISK. But they did not listen.

1 Like

CCP has already stated, on several occations, they wont touch any crypto currency, because of its volatile nature and and instability.
Its simply ro much work to keep up with the ever changing rates and in the end, CCP wont really make money from it.

Due to their poor business practicesā€¦

As per the OP, hereby I suggest to add heavy construction machinery technology to EVE Online. I always wanted to drive a CAT 735.

1 Like

Due to being smart about this particular thing. Crypto currency is way to volatile atm to be touched. The instability in the asian crypto currency marked, combined with threats of bans of certain types in certain countries, makes it a bad business move to invest in crypto currency, when you got currency like Dollars and Euro already.
Makes no sense to invest in, from a gaming company persective and it opens up a ā– ā– ā– ā–  ton of RMT options aswell.

Please no, they still have not removed the mini games from when that was a fad.

Sorry, but I play EVE, because it is a game and because it is not real. This is a game where you can steal, betray, infiltrate, backstab, ransom and scam other people out of their ISK. This is only possible because this is a game and it is not connected to RL value.

How long do you think would it take to get sued in RL if I infiltrate some corp and steal the equivalent of 10ā€™000$ ? Stuff like this happens in EVE and it makes the game great. But it is only possible because it is ISK and not $ and canā€™t be converted to $ in any way.

So, no thanks. As I already said, go and do you crypto currency stuff, but this makes no sense in EVE and would completely destroy the game.

8 Likes

Sorry, but I play EVE, because it is a game and because it is not real. This is a game where you can steal, betray, infiltrate, backstab, ransom and scam other people out of their ISK. This is only possible because this is a game and it is not connected to RL value.

How long do you think would it take to get sued in RL if I infiltrate some corp and steal the equivalent of 10ā€™000$ ? Stuff like this happens in EVE and it makes the game great. But it is only possible because it is ISK and not $ and canā€™t be converted to $ in any way.

So, no thanks. As I already said, go and do you crypto currency stuff, but this makes no sense in EVE and would completely destroy the game.

Yeah sure, let them make you a server where you can crypto mine asteroids and talk about the latest bitcoin news with your crypto-hipster buddys in local. Whateverā€¦

4 Likes

Not to mention other problems like corp thefts, bank regulations, etc. There is a reason CCP says you donā€™t own anything associated with your account and that it has no RL value.

1 Like

Yeah, I think you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about either and just want to talk a bit about something something blockchain because you are so hyped about it.

4 Likes

No. Because if you steal something or blow something up, then the other person can legitimately claim you destroyed something of real world valueā€¦no. Just stop it.

1 Like

:grin:

Try an online gambling game, because when real world money is risked and lost itā€™s called gambling, not ā€œPvP submarines in space.ā€ And gambling is much more regulated than entertainment games.

Yes and when you rob a corporation and the police show up at your homeā€¦? Not my idea of a fun time.

1 Like