Blockade runner crane how to avoid getting ganked?

No. Your ship will align as fast as it can and warp as soon as it reaches 75% of it’s subwarp-speed.

This 75% sub-warp speed is what the MWD+Cloak trick tries to make advantage of. On other ships than Blockade Runners (or other ships that can warp cloaked) a T1 cloak reduces this sup-warp speed by a huge % (was it 90% or 75%?, can remember right now). So when you acitivate your Cloak+MWD you reach this 75% sub-warp speed much faster because your MWD speeds you up quick while at the same time the Cloak slows you down.
BUT this does not work on Blockade runners because they don’t get the speed reduction while being cloaked.
So that’s basically why you died. Activating your MWD also increases your mass. This has the effect of an increased signature radius, making you easier to lock and higher intertia value - which makes you align slower.

So, just hit “warp to” and hit cloak right after, and you should be fine.

About the fitting:
Have you ever died to smart bombs? I would recommend you fit passive shield-modules. The moments you need to activate the hardeners I saw on the killmail you linked can cause your death. At least 1 shield extender would be a good idea I think. Raw hitpoints are sometimes better than resists - you can check in the fitting simulation what will give you more effective EHP.
Also I would not recommend Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I as rigs.
As mentioned before more maximum speed makes you warp slower because your ship needs more time to accelerate to the 75% to warp off. There are other rigs that e.g. increase your warp speed so you could even outrun interceptors over larger systems or rigs that increse your tank. You might want to have a closer look at them.

Edit: This thread might be interesting for you as well:

o7

2 Likes