It would appear that the only way I can share a Bookmark Folder with another person is by giving that other person Admin Access to the folder in question. Is this really the way it’s supposed to work ?
I submitted a Bug Report (EBR-186324) on this some time ago, but it hasn’t appeared in my Support stuff so I assume it’s got lost in the deluge - hence asking again here.
- Locations are stored in folders, which are either personal or accessed through Access Lists
- Personal folders work nearly the same as before.
- Shared folders can be shared through access lists with your corp, alliance, coalition, friends…whomever you want!
- Folders can contain subfolders to allow bookmarks to be further organized (existing location folders are converted into subfolders).
- Subfolders are a one-level organization tool, they cannot be nested and do not have individual permission settings.
- Shared folders must be “connected” to (basically a subscription) - they do not pop up automatically.
- Shared folders can be linked (by dragging the folder into a text field) to allow anyone with access to connect to the folder.
- Shared folders have multiple access levels, each of which can be assigned an access list
- View – View, Warp to locations
- Use – Add locations, Edit/Delete own locations, Copy locations to a different folder
- Manage – Edit/Remove locations or subfolders
- Admin – Delete/Rename Shared Folder, Change ACL
I just created a folder, set V/U to Public and M/A to my corp and linked it in a chat and people could subscribe to it.
Thanks - that was the bit I’d missed, I thought it would automatically appear on each user’s Shared Folder list.