Yeah, TBH I don’t like the current AOE boosts but they do make sense for gameplay requiring fleet cohesion.
With the grid expansion update, it kinda seems weird you can’t boost an allied ship on grid with you when the signal propagation time would be tiny. ( I see command ships as super computers that are optimizing subroutines on other ships ) Something like this would require: “If you’re on the same grid, in fleet, you get boosts”
I don’t know how boosts are coded, I assumed it would be: Apply x% boost to ships within x km in the postgis quad tree (Maybe 8-way tree because 3D space). If higher % replace.
This would just be additive % until max %. You already have to have a count of the number of ships you’re boosting because you’re going to iterate some kind of list / data structure.
@James_Baboli I agree