Bot control

Bot control

Botting is a plague on EVE. It cost time, enjoyment, and worst of all it destroys EVE's market based economy. Sometimes the simplest solutions are best. Eve right now needs new player missions badly. Perhaps a mission called " SAFETY INSPECTION " could be created. 

The mission is pulled traditionally. The agent assigns/deputizes  the pilot to go challenge any ship (player) in space! The challenge goes as follows. Deputy fly's up to the random pilot who we will call ( Knuckles's) in their ship!!  Knuckles is missioning/mining/exploring/transporting whatever. The Deputy activates the script dragging ( Knuckles's icon into the box of his Concord form.)  Automatically that form is then front and center on ( Knuckles's ) view screen.  Concord will simply ask Knuckles the patented I am not a Robot question? Simple as what is 1 + 3?? Eve does have a Math Calculator if needed!  ( Note, I am certain some computer whiz kid can come up with a better game mechanic scenario.)   Obviously a timer of 90 seconds is reasonable to respond to the deputy's pilot's challenge .  A reward should be offered to both pilots involved upon complication of this mission. ( I am confident EVE would come up with something appropriate.) 

If Knuckles fails to respond the account would be identified as a bot. This would allow the Deputy pilot three choices. 1.Destroy the offender! 2. Declare the Offender an OUTLAW subject to immediate attack!! Or 3 simply file a fail report sent to Concord (CCP!) All events of course would be monitored by CCP.  I have confidence EVE has forensic accounting ability to see if the pilot was just floating in space, or actively generating ISK, exposing a bot or simple a AFK pilot.    

A variant of this mission could be "SAFTEY INSPECTION " scripts could be sold on the market by NPC's or even dropped in "BOT PLAGUED " areas? Again I yield to CCP to administer the idea as effetely as possible.

I would speculate some notorious groups of pilots would revel in hunting BOTS down!!! Accidently it might just actually create a BOUNTY HUNTER player type. Hopefully it would free up EVE employees or assist them in hunting bots!!!  Thank you for attention.

Ever heard of word wrap? Try editing so it’s on one page please. On mobile btw. Having to scroll to read 1 line sucks.

4 Likes

TWDR (Too Wide, Didn’t Read)

5 Likes

I’ve been asking for new missions, and I’ll keep asking for new missions, but don’t hold your breath. I understand these are legacy coded things and very hard to change or update.

2 Likes

We should be careful what we wish for.

Image a new wave of the old missions with un-killable super-op angel cartel frigates which vaporize marauders ez and then accept an Angel Extravaganza level 4.

I like explosions more if I and only I create them and not be hunted by the server with no way of winning ever.

I don’t know what you are talking about, because the OP is not very wise and made his post unreadable for some reason.

1 Like

Eve Bot
Botting is a plague on EVE. It cost time, enjoyment, and worst of all it destroys EVE’s market based economy. Sometimes the simplest solutions are best. Eve right now needs new player missions badly. Perhaps a mission called " SAFETY INSPECTION " could be created.
The mission is pulled traditionally. The agent assigns/deputizes the pilot to go challenge any ship (player) in space! The challenge goes as follows. Deputy fly’s up to the random pilot who we will call ( Knuckles’s) in his ship!! Knuckles is missioning/mining/exploring/transporting whatever. The Deputy activates the script dragging ( Knuckles’s icon into the box of his Concord form.) Automatically that form is then front and center on ( Knuckles’s ) view screen. Concord will simply ask Knuckles the patented I am not a Robot question? Simple as what is 1 + 3?? Eve does have a Math Calculator if needed! ( Note, I am certain some computer whiz kid can come up with a better game mechanic scenario.) Obviously a timer of 90 seconds is reasonable to respond to the deputy’s pilot’s challenge . A reward should be offered to both pilots involved upon complication of this mission. ( I am confident EVE would come up with something appropriate.)
If Knuckles fails to respond the account would be identified as a bot. This would allow the Deputy pilot three choices. 1.Destroy the offender! 2. Declare the Offender an OUTLAW subject to immediate attack!! Or 3 simply file a fail report sent to Concord (CCP!) All events of course would be monitored by CCP. I have confidence EVE has forensic accounting ability to see if the pilot was just floating in space, or actively generating ISK, exposing a bot or simple a AFK pilot.
A variant of this mission could be "SAFTEY INSPECTION " scripts could be sold on the market by NPC’s or even dropped in "BOT PLAGUED " areas? Again I yield to CCP to administer the idea as effetely as possible.
I would speculate some notorious groups of pilots would revel in hunting BOTS down!!! Accidently it might just actually create a BOUNTY HUNTER player type. Hopefully it would free up EVE employees or assist them in hunting bots!!! Thank you for attention.

I am sorry for the wrap around post. I am not sure how I did that! It was not my intention and I am unable to delete it?

edit your first message.

delete the three leading `
delete the leading spaces before paragraphs.

so that

```
    Botting is a plague

becomes

Botting is a plague

and

The mission

becomes

The mission

etc.

An organization of bot hunters already exists my friend. Contact me in game.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.