Bounty System Overhaul

Griefing is part of EVE. Trying to eliminate it in this narrow application will not work unless you can eliminate it everywhere else simultaneously.

Again, the bounties fall off over time, modified by Security Status, not to mention the numerous other portents to combat this listed. Nobody gets to have the cake and eat it too, but it wouldn’t be much of a food fight otherwise.

You cant put bounties on law abiding citizens. If you have to have a negative status for a bounty I’m game. As a player you made that choice. You chose to use your time in eve to roleplay a edgy bad dude. Griefing is not part of eve, using mechanics and in game tools to accomplish your pvp or pve goals is what eve is about. I bet nooone will travel to 0.0 to collect a bounty so we know who the real targets here are and they live in highsec. Is your goal is to simply kill mission runners and the like?

Have you even read through this thread…?

I don’t PvP. In fact, I frequently get attacked by gankers while ratting.

Why would I want to make my own experience needlessly harder?

I want to add a new dynamic to the game. I get that not everybody will auto-profit from this or even like it, but why are all of you who oppose it only using the “I knew this guy” argument and not providing any proof?

Newsflash, bounty hunting already happens. “Law abiding citizens” already get targeted. Gankers gunna gank gunna gank, and nothing will stop that. (Short of turning the game into My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Intergalactic Edition)

And honestly, if you’d even bother reading the thread, you know that farming scrubs would be pointless in this system, funny, perhaps, to a few, but pointless. Again, I appreciate constructive feedback, but “TL;DR Bark bark about debunked point; your argument is invalid.” isn’t helping…

I did and its even more lol that i first thought, you want entire fleets to hunt down one dude? And its highsec… noone is going to do that in null.

Not to be overly snarky but, what you just said is:

“My opinion supersedes all 30 something thousands of other player’s opinions on this, so, moot point.”

Could you perhaps provide instance criteria and logical approaches for your erroneous assumption instead of making blanket statements for everyone else? I presented that as an option, not a criteria. I’m trying to create healthy and robust discussion on this topic for community input and ideas, not “I think it’s a bad idea so it is.”

You’ve said your piece, if you’ve nothing further to contribute, please be so kind as to move along. I appreciate the bumps, I honestly do, but this, “negativity for negativity’s sake” isn’t helping.

Under this system would you still get the usual bounty payment for killing someone with a price on their head?

I think bounty hunting is one of the most intersting things That didnt quite happen. My fovorite move … The good the bad and the ugly has a couple of bounty hunters in it. I can only speak for myself and when i post i post for me. Why you assume i am the voice of the people i dont know. Sorry if I offended you by not really agreeing with what you proposed in its entirety. Bounties should be hunted down and executed mercelessly but you have to have very specific rules and a very select group of targets. You should not just be able to put a target on everyone and anyone thats all im saying. Even if you could have only one active per toon thats 3 bounties per account. Just tossin that out there as some people have alot of accounts.

In this case, the payment would have a number of modifying factors.

This first bit, I agree with, and am attempting to instill a working ideological model so it can at one point be implemented.

I assume you spoke for the masses in your intent because:

That’s a fairly broad statement for just being you.

I am not offended that you do not agree. I am looking for people to disagree actually, but to do so in a manner consistent with an active attempt to rectify the present problems this system is inundated with, not simply call them bad and proffer no solutions.

I agree it should be a specific system, but bear in mind, we are not the mindless mass in this world. We are the top of the proverbial food-chain. Any action, great or small, that results in actual ISK loss (or even perceived loss) (or even nothing at all, since part of the game is built on the idea of jipping other people for no other reason than profit or lulz) is an offense deemed worthy of death, since none of us can die anyways.

It’s a rat race. You don’t have to have done anything wrong. You showed up, which is less profits for somebody, and they are free to take any in-game action they deem appropriate in that regard.

The primary “actual” argument against bounties is the potential for abuse.

Allow me to clarify: Abuse as in, you drop 2 bil bounty on some clown, and he gets his friend or alt to pop his clone and now he has your goat and your money.

Abuse is not: “He’s being mean to me!” (At least not in EVE…) (yet…)

That’s just part of the game.

yea cause putting a bounty on your alt is cool

@Naoki_Skulltulla At what point is the player killable as far as bounties go? I was being perhaps a bit overreaching in my statement about null. I just assumed do to the high level of difficulty of tracking down a person in 0.0 and actually killing them in their own sov space is kinda high. If the bounty lives in Delve or some place like that have fun with that hunt. My personal issue is that it perhaps should be called something else. How I understand a bounty …is a price paid to bring a criminal to justice for a criminal action, not just walking out to get your mail and your neighbor does not like your combination of robe and slippers and now your on a most wanted list.

I do not understand the point of this sentiment…

Under the proposed system, doing such would only result in a waste of money on your part, so, have at it(?)

The way it was before the changes. it wasnt in response to your comment, but just a random one… :slight_smile:

@Naoki_Skulltulla Not everyone cares about money so much. If its a way to be irritating some will do it just to be irritating. Just because they can. Not every action needs to have a tangible currency reward or motivation to be pursued. Some are very spec rich. 1 bill is nothing to them.

Well, at any point, just as much so as now I suppose. Podding would not be required. Death means nothing to those who can not die. Shame means everything to those can not die to escape it.

As for Null bounties, I imagine other Null Sov groups would love to have that stuff to throw at each other (via merc corps and even for just outright dropping on each other).

I do see the point though, in perhaps renaming it.

Perhaps instead of Bounties. We have Hits.

Instead of Bounty Hunters, we open up being Hitmen (or women) as an EVE profession.

who doesnt care about money? we want to take advantage of it… everyone in a larger alliance has… and made hundreds of billions over the years of the ■■■■ mechanics… and now ccp changes it I cant do it… wtf… lol something about equality here?

While money may or may not be a motivator for everyone, it is always a means to an end.

Many do have a significant sum, and good for them. Many do not, but they will work at it. Many do not, and never will. These are all irrelevant statements. Whether money matters to someone or not, it makes the world go-'round as they say, even in EVE.

A hit would be cool. But a hit on the mailman is not as interesting and the local gang lord or local thugs. The Punisher doesnt go after jaywalkers because it would be a terrible plot. Applied to eve it I think should require your targets have a certain notoriety to be in any way fulfilling. Well to me at least to some maybe a kill is a kill…

But you see, the Punisher is not going after a random jaywalker.

He’s going after Spiderman. But Spiderman thinks it was Jean Grey who ordered the hit, and in turn puts a hit on Cyclops. Cyclops takes the fall, but gets back up and through figures out this started with Punisher and goes after him.

We aren’t the “mailman”. In EVE, we are superheros who can’t die. Comparatively, your “mailman” is Ultron, who just does this on the side because he’s bored and looking for conversation in Jita.

@Imustbecomfused Isk cost alone doesn’t prohibit expensive things from being destroyed and deployed. Thats all im saying just because its expensive for me or you lets say it doesn’t prevent a large alliance to just give a member a couple of bill to set up a hit for fun. Whelp fleets were fun back in the day when i lived in 0.0 go out with the intention of fighting to the last man and going out in a fireball of glory just for fun. Annnd the alliance would give ya another ship.

1 Like

Tru dat…

do you think if you get your JF ganked there is ship and item replacement or insurance? lol