Brand New Player Questions

Hello everyone. Brand new player question for you. Trying to find a direction in what way to go to play the game. I was thinking of mining, but I’m not sure. I wanted to check in with more experienced players to see what would be the best way to enjoy a more well rounded experience.

Mining is not a bad way to go. Exploration is often a good start as well.

Regardless, the wiki pages supported by in game corp Eve University is always handy (search box upper-right);

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

1 Like

@Katradion_Janau Hello. I started recently as well. I decided to explore a bit of everything in low doses.
I chose Enforcer because shooting at ships is why I play this game. So I did some missions, also some in Exploration. I’m not going to touch mining, I don’t like it but there’s nothing wrong with it.
I only suggest you go slow and be careful what you use your SP for. I first used it on weapons, ammo training and other vital modules, after choosing a ship I know I will fly 90% of the time. But that’s just me.
Read a lot about EVE, online and the info windows. Compare each module/ship before you spend isk on anything and be sure you know what kind of universe you’ve landed in.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Bottom Line. only real people can help navigate EVE. not the help chat but being in comms with other players. find a comfortable corp and use comms. it is the only way to learn quickly and avoid pitfalls. good luck

And make sure they follow the dictum:

“The only dumb question is the one that doesn’t get asked.” - US Submarine School circa 1975

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.