NewBro

Hello, NewBro here how do you play this game? I chose Mimitar or whatever spelled hopefully its good for PVP. Not sure what’s the best ships and such for fitting etc.

1 Like
  1. man we cannot explain to you a detailed post on “how do we play the game” ok? For me it would take probably 10 pages. And it is different for every other player because it is a sandbox.
    so you can try to join a newbie frendly corp, or read, or join eve-uni and have lessons, or ask precise questions and we will try to answer

There is no best ship in eve. it depends on what you wanna do and everythg is situational

2 Likes

Keep rookie help chat open, do the tutorial and then career missions, keep an eye out for groups to join (we call them corporations)

Be willing to lose, learn and move on.

m

4 Likes

Okay, that’s a pretty broad question, but here’s some advice.

• Start by doing the beginning tutorial, the career agents, and the Sisters of Eve Epic Arc. They’ll help you learn a lot of basic skills, and get you started with some ships and spending cash.
  • From there, you should start looking at career options. Eve offers a quite a few options, but isn’t always the best about telling you how to get into them, or providing clear progression paths. Anyway, a lot of people tend to get funneled into missioning or mining. If you like it, then by all means stick with it. However, some other newbro friendly options include Abyss diving, exploration, nullsec ratting (join a NS group), and (to some extent) incursions. Incursions are pretty cool. It’s a social activity, and you can make some damn good money for a newbro. However, you do have to be able to fly one of the accepted ships before you can join. So, it will probably take you 3-6 months of training and saving before you can join. Regardless, if you do ever decide to give them a go, check out Warp To Me.
  • Finally, look at joining a newbro friendly corp such as Eve University, Pandemic Horde, or Brave Newbies. They offer various benefits (i.e. free ships, free skillbooks, SRP), PvE and PvP opportunities, and provide a lot of information through various means (i.e. formal classes, written guides, help channels). Naturally, they make surviving and thriving in New Eden a whole lot easier. Oh, and in case your an introvert, it’s really easy to get lost in the crowd of a big newbie friendly corp. So don’t let that stop you.

WTM Resource
Skill Guide
Fits
Rookie Guide

2 Likes

wow Shipwreck you are more patient than i am…

1 Like

Well, this game is quite easy to explain:

Grab a bucket, grab a shovel. Now, have fun in the sandbox

Seriously OP, do the tutorials and after that the world (or space in this case) is all yours to cut your own path through.

1 Like

I think the best part of EvE Online was learning how to play the game!
Once u have mastered the interface with all the tips and tricks the game comes much more boring…
Next step would be finding finding activities that you find interesting or people to play with!
Other than that… Will see another “quit eve” post very soon.

1 Like

except that after several years i am still learning new tricks. Not every day but probably every week

This is such false information.

Hell, I have seen new players galore in null-sec with Horde and Brave being there.
If you are stuck in high-sec, it’s because of yourself.

3 Likes

Or it’s how you learn!

Don’t be afraid to dive into this game OP. Good killboards come from bad ones

1 Like

I might be literally ‘newborn’ when it comes to this game but even I realize this is complete BS. Yes areas outside of High-Sec are ‘dangerous’ but by staying in ‘safe space’ a new player is restricting himself severely both when it comes to fun/hour and ISK/hour.

2 Likes

If you quit in 2014 i find it curious that you remain on this forum complaining about the players. Might I ask how you define this grief that you speak of ?

Aww poor baby!

Good luck!

1 Like

Well, it is their wormhole, how would it look to their rivals if they would let any outsider just walz in and start looting ?

I’d say chasing outsiders in areas a corp or alliance claims is more a show of strength or control then an atttempt to grief the outsider in question.

5 Likes

Yeah, and you are stealing basically that 100 mil from them. They claimed the WH and what is in it.

Also, you go to PvP heavy areas, and complain that PvP happens in a PvP spaceship game😂

2 Likes

‘Hardship’ is the best ship in Eve.

1 Like

this is a pvp game about spaceships using lasers
and you complain about getting shot?

what happens when you play counterstrike or battlefield? you complain about being shot?

HTFU or leave.Some people don’t embrace it and they leave eve because they are used to playing easy games? good. They would have left eventually later.
Those who stay embraced the challenge and will stay for years

1 Like

For all those who stay: There’s ways to stay alive solo in wormholes.
Standard tips:

• Don’t stay at the entry wh after your session cloak ends.
  • Create a bookmark in deadspace if you want to scan
  • Keep an eye on D-Scan (local chat is always empty!), combat probes even find you there.
  • If the probe scan window shows less than about 8 signatures and sites, there’s most probably someone living there.

If there’s only few signatures, and one of them is a juicy relic site, you better have a look for zitas on D-Scan and even better just check the given J number on zkillboard. There you can see the lost Heron ratio and the active time of its inhabitants. This juicy site can be luck, but keep in mind it may be left for purpose, because for the cloaked inhabitans it’s very simple to determine where that scanner ship is going to.

3 Likes

good tips given by Pierre, as usual
i would add:

• Dscan, D scan, Dscan
  • fit your ship for fast align and warp. Wormholers can warp to you in a dscan-immune recon ship, but you will see it landing in your overview and will have 2 seconds to warp out
  • always turn your prop mod off when you are hacking a can. Your align and warp out time will be much higher with prop mod on.