NewBro

That is right, speed and alignment will save your ship! Cloaked ships need some seconds after decloaking to be able to lock targets - that’s your chance! So I tried a frigate catching bomber (no cooldown after decloak), but it also needs some seconds to lock because frigs are small (at least without activating its MWD).
We’ve chased many Herons (Imicuses, Probes, and Magnates as well) through our wh system - some made it through or back home, they are tough cookies. That’s also a gf, without having shot once!

But if we kill a Newbro, usually the victim receives some supporting ISK for a new ship of course.

the time when I played faction war for 2 weeks I got destroyed a few times and this really nice dude(complete stranger) gave me 10M after he destroyed my punisher. :smiley:

1 Like

You say that like a 10% retention rate is a bad thing. What industry are you comparing gaming to here? Because the video game market has an average 30 day retention rate in the low single digit percentiles.

2 Likes

[quote=“Rem0nster_Rel0aded, post:26, topic:268191”]I
always hear that veterans will recompensate a newbro, but seems to never happen in actual practice
[/quote]

That very often helps when a new player;

A. Goes into PvP
B. Loses the fight.
C. Then, contacts the veteran that he lost to and have a nice conversation with about what happened and how he can improve.

Obviously, YMMV depending on the veteran.
But it more then often depends even more on your attitude, be nice and understanding and willing to learn increases your odds.

As for how you post, I wouldn’t even open my wallet😉
If it were @Random_Rick however…

3 Likes

Show me any other game, where people actually still play it as much after being out for 17 years.

Keep in mind, next year, babies born on release date are eligible to vote

1 Like

the first time I am summoned using @Random_Rick :smiley:

3 Likes

We all have been Newbros as well, and that folks writing here are obviously willing to help new players.

My first losses were as you’ve written, I had no idea how to counter and was kinda shocked. But it was in Lowsec, so I knew it was my mistake. The next loss was a ganker, but I was in a Venture afk for some minutes, and was even podded. My mistake again. I’ve lost frigs transporting expensive cargo in Rancer and an Iteron Mark V transporting valuable loot in Uedama - situations I knew they are dangerous, but had kind of hybris to outclever my foes. Thus: My fault.
That’s learning the hard way. But the most important lesson: Losses in EVE are no problem, but part of the game! Every loss should make you better in the game. But if a person can’t stand to lose ships, EVE may not be the right game, that’s quite simple.

2 Likes

i have sent dozens of millions of isks to a good number of new players just because they asked some questions on this forum with the obvious willing to learn, improve and embrace the challenge.
You keep whining, complaining, and i would not send you 0.1 isks. I just will say good riddance when you leave

3 Likes

Dear newbros,
Don’t be anything like Rem0nster Rel0aded.

1 Like

Good riddance

It would help your case if you had presented an actual example of this griefing you keep talking about. Getting your ship blown up when you raid a wormhole where a Corp lives is not considered griefing by either the Dev’s nor the playerbase.

Going into someone else’s WH and doing their sites is basically theft, you’re stealing their potential profits (and WHs pay quite a bit), why you’re surprised when they kick you out is beyond me.

Also, the WH dwellers don’t know if you’re a newbro or someone’s alt scout with a full fleet on the other side waiting to kill them. They need to kill you to protect their space.

1 Like

This seems apropos here:

Go find a “cod in space” game, R0-R0.

1 Like

uh ?!

What you wrote was pure poetry. Surely you don’t mind me passing along your profound truth to a guy like Rem0nster Rel0aded?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.