New to the game what do I do

So I have finished the tutorial and the agent’s missions but knowing that EVE is a sandbox game can you tell me what are the different types of activities to do and does an Alpha account limits me to the game
Thank you
Kent Avio

1 Like

Here’s a great post with tons of info on what some of your next steps might be and how/why to take them.

4 Likes

Joining a player corp is a good idea if you want to be social. Just find a newbie friendly group that likes doing something that sounds interesting. If you want to be more solo for awhile then ask yourself “Out of all the stuff the career agents had me do, what did I enjoy doing most?”.

Exploration? Grab some probes, dive into a wormhole and see what you come back with!

Combat? Find a mission giver and blow away some pirates.

Mining? Find an asteroid to collect. However if you want to get into mining I strongly recommend at least diving into a wormhole for some decent mins, high-sec mining gets boring really fast.

If you can’t decide another good idea is to go to Arnon IX - Moon 3 and talk to Sister Alitura to start “The Blood-Stained Stars” arc. It pays a good couple mil to get you going and it’s not too hard (except for the final boss, but lots of people are willing to help with him). Also, the arc takes you all over high-sec so you get a good chance to “see the sights” while doing it.

Seriously though I would recommend finding a corp. Eve is much more fun with others. I did solo stuff for about a year before joining a newbie corp and I’ve been having way more fun when I did soloing.

1 Like

1: Buy 50 PvP fit frigates for cheap.
2: Go lose a bunch of them in faction warfare space, learning as you go.
3: ???
4: Enjoy the fun of PvPing!

4 Likes

Spin your ship in station.

4 Likes

^^^ go do that

1 Like

Go Omega and you can do all the stuff!

o/

2 Likes

Not a new player, but what’s changed in the last 4-5 years? I see Alpha & Omega plus something about clones upgrades…

1 Like

Enough has changed that you won’t want to re-install it…

1 Like

Don’t be such a pessimist.

1 Like

Alpha is a free to play state that limits you to about 20mil SP. Can fly most t1 ships up to battleships, and can use t2 small/medium weapons. Can train up to 5mil sp at 1/2 speed, and from there use injectors to get to the 20mil cap.

omega is the normal subbed state with everything unlocked and normal training rates.

as for what’s changed, burner missions came out about 4 years ago, they are super high paying lv4 missions that require specific frigate/cruiser fits. There’s been a few balance passes, t3cs got a nerf, AF/Hacs got a buff. Citadel mechanics have been changed. POS towers are pretty much obsolete outside of a few small roles. Command links are now command bursts and only apply to fleet members inside range and last for 2mins, rather than system wide. I think Drifters are also new.

1 Like

The final boss is called Dagan. EVE University has a Catalyst fit with which you can kill him solo easily. The name of the fit says it all.

[Catalyst, Epic Arc Dagan Killer]
Limited Light Ion Blaster I

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Cap Recharger I

Small Inefficient Armor Repair Unit
Magnetic Field Stabilizer I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Antimatter Charge S x1

1 Like

Thanks. I remember seeing Burner Missions having much the same impact as the original Lvl 4’s on the number of lost ships! This was before PVE players learnt about hardners as most kited Lvl 3’s in cruisers then went to BS. 8 Ogres on a Thorax used to work very nicely!

I saw something about clones too? Main reason I stopped was I couldn’t make enough isk to risk the clones: play time is often several 15 minute chunks rather than several hours. The downside of getting older (busy not bathroom breaks!).

2 Likes

Sounds like you are talking about the old clone grades, they got rid of those. No more paying to upgrade clones to prevent SP loss. Most people go roaming and try to get their pod killed so they can get home faster.

2 Likes

@Kent_Aivo

hi Welcome to EVE
i read some “answers” to your question and i was quite surprised to see some of them …
anyways … good call to do career agents and then you can die the “Sisters of EVE Epic Arc” as mentioned befor https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/The_Blood-Stained_Stars
as you can see it will take some time but you learn a lot
second thing you see in the link … there are such missions for some other factions too: Epic Mission Arcs – Sisters of EVE | Amarr | Caldari | Gallente | Minmatar | Angels | Guristas
i did all of them once in the beginning … you get ISK, standings and some usefull stuff

if you dont want to go into missions and want to go into PVP or Indy i would recommend to join player corp …

if you want to do exploration i would recommend that you dont use a expensive ship in the beginning (Astero, Stratios) and go to a wormhole (someone wrote befor to do that) many of this wormholes are inhabited and this guys dont talk … they kill you in no time … you never know … could be 1000 chars in a wormhole (WH) or non … there is no local so you need to do many things on the same time … DScan, scanning for sites, keep an eye on your overview … that is a bit tricky … but on the other site its VERY GOOD ISK!! if you survive

yes eve is a sandbox and so everyone trys to do anything to make isk …
1st. thing i want to tell you is that there is not one who double your isk … dont give isk to someone to get more back … never happening …

2nd: read this 8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

hope this is a bit help for your start
if you need more feel free to write here or open a new thread or contact me ingame

o/ JuuR

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.