Brisc Rubal for CSM - the last thing EVE needs...a real politician on the CSM

Got my vote! I actually read your thread, read the replies. I think you’ve got the experience and expectations of what the CSM truly is, what can and can’t be done by having a seat at the table. The youtube ad was just the cherry on top of it all…Done deal!
Brisc Rubal for CSM!

1 Like

No, I mean the old Glen Burnie Mall which was down Ritchie Highway farther. This was literally like 30 years ago, and I think they turned it into a Target or something. Marley Station was built while I was a kid, and Glen Burnie Mall was the cool mall until it opened.

I’m just happy they didn’t tear down Anns, because that place fricking rules.

Ah ok. Yeah, I guess there’s still a sign on the building there, it just looks more like a strip mall. Though speaking of Target, what is your plan to fulfill the needs of your constituents who need a minifridge?

Amazon.

1 Like

Sir I would like to say you do have my vote thus far in this campaign.

My questions however is not about what you plan to do if voted into a CSM seat. No, my question is about your mentality going into this.

As a politician in real life, ithink it would be fair to say your under the microscope quite a bit in your daily life. Forgive me if that’s not really the case for you.

Do you at all feel concerned having exposed an internet persona to the public? At this point your anonymity has been destroyed with your announcement to run as CSM.

I can picture a rival of yours going “What the hell is this EEV Online? Sharyn! Get the interns playing this vidya game and get me some saucy soundbites of this guy.”

This is a game that encourages espionage after all.

I never really considered myself anonymous anyway. I had made references to playing EVE on Twitter profile for a while (and have had some guys make fun of me for it), and since everything else about my life is basically open to public scrutiny because I’ve been a public figure, it doesn’t bother me.

I expect my next campaign will end up having folks make fun of me for playing video games at age 40, but I’ll just point to the guys in youtube making milions streaming video games and tell those folks to shut it. They’re also the same people who criticized me for being on Facebook back when it came out and being an early Twitter adopter. Now those guys look like idiots because the President is conducting diplomacy on social media.

I am who I am, and I’m not going to pretend to be something I’m not. If my future opponents want to use that against me, go for it.

3 Likes

Superb trolling deserves some votes.

Read more about Brisc’s campaign here in Kotaku.

i am worried, you have literally no experience in solo, i find it hard to believe you could contribute effectively to what a large amount of player consider their game in eve online. As far as i can tell you literally press F1

I have experience in small gangs, but solo PvP has never held much fun for me, so I don’t tend to do it. I don’t think the vast majority of the game focuses solely on solo PvP, but to the extent that people do, I think I can effectively represent them. I just need to know what their concerns are.

If you’re a solo PvPer, what do you think are the biggest challenges facing your playstyle?

1 Like

I have removed an Attacking post, beyond ones in Game Character and Views.

~Buldath

while you may be right that the vast majority of the game do not focus soley on solo play, i would say that the minority that do are the biggest content creators in this game, you will often find that a lot of people that solo create content for larger groups in the game either directly or indirectly since they are in space more often ( in my experience ). They are often more likely to lead fleets than your typical line member since they have more confidence and are less risk adverse ( in my Experience again ). How are you going to influence CCP to keep some of the best content creators in the game ( solo players ) happy?

1 Like

I’m going to find out from them what they want, and actively advocate for that with CCP - just as I will do for everybody. If there are specific concerns that you feel need to be addressed to keep solo PvPers happy, let me know and I’ll add them to my list of topics.

MEDIA ROUND UP!

See and hear Brisc on Open Comms, Talking in Stations, Mindclash Live and Declarations of War:

1 Like

I just googled your name. The very first image was not flattering at all.

S.O.S.

With that said. You have my vote.

1 Like

Welcome to realworld politics. :slight_smile:

Our politics align.

We are half an hour away from the opening of voting for this season!

Thanks to everybody for all their support - especially the Imperium, Darkness, and Black Legion - as well as all the folks who have pulled me aside and given me advice, information and help.

Thanks to my great campaign team, including Kalkin84, Phoenix Bones, Ceema, RIPZeus, SoulDragon, Zoey Larosa, Malcanis and Pandoralica.

If you haven’t had a chance to visit http://www.briscforcsm.win, check it out as well as my ideas for the game a links to the media we’ve done (or you can scroll up).

And, of course, if you’ve not seen my campaign video, check it out here.

Win or lose, this has been fun and I hope my campaign added a little entertainment into your EVE experience.

LET’S ROKH THE VOTE THIS WEEK!

We are nearing the home stretch of the election. A little over two and a half days left to cast your ballot.

While I want (and need) every #1 vote I can get, I also want folks to vote, regardless of who is #1 on your ballot. The more folks who vote, the stronger the mandate the CSM gets to work with CCP. That benefits everybody in the game, not just whoever wins.

SO GO VOTE!

(And, of course, vote #BriscforCSM)

2 Likes

Just did something I never thought I’d do: vote for a Republican for elected office. Good luck Brisc, you earned my #1 slot vote!

Mathias S’jet
RL Obama 2012 Alum
RL Vice President, Young Dems of Bay County, FL
RL Aspiring & proud EVE/computer gaming Politico