Bubbles prompting ships to warp backwards?

Since reading this article i started some testing.
https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004925705-Warp-Scrambling-and-Warp-Disruption

I can repolicate all scenarios for all reda bubbles except the first red bubble from the right. So the one that is placed behind my warpexit point and should make warp backwards and land in that bubble if trying to warp away from it. all vectors and distances have been tested but i still cant make that happen.

anyone have any insight on this?

1 Like

You never warp backwards. Bubbles (if you are not currently inside one) only affect your warp exit point at your designated target. Drag bubbles in line with your warp and behind the target will prolong your warp and let you land behind your target in said drag bubble.

The picture is not very clear IMO.

1 Like

This is a quote from the article linked above. that has to be a misstake by eve then?

" As such, a warp disruption field behind the ship that is starting a warp may cause the ship to turn around and warp to the disruption field behind it instead of the intended target."

1 Like

yeah that’s a typo, i think it meant to show a ship that is in a bubble can’t initiate warp in the first place

1 Like

This is nonsense. @CCP_Falcon can you have a look?

1 Like

If that picture is accurate, then Interdiction mechanics are way more screwy than anyone thought.

If you can draw a straight line 500km behind you, and it happens to intersect a bubble at any point (even if you’re 499km outside the bubble) then you’ll turn around and warp into it !? That’s the worst navigation computer I’ve ever heard of! =)

1 Like

no matter how far you strayed on the street, you still end up in a well(what’s the exact word for it?) if you stepped into one
Bubbles essentially “drag” WarpExitPoint to its surface, effectively dragging everything towards it (in case it warps)
I’ve heard about the 150km version, not very sure which one is correct, anyone for a experiment?

1 Like

Exactly, but not if you warp away from a bubble behind you.

No need for a test, you do that regularly when roaming. I mean warping from gate A (with a drag bubble behind to catch people coming from gate B) to gate B.

1 Like

That situation would have your exit point more than 500km (or 150km) away from the warp bubble so that doesn’t prove the story wrong. The next gate is more than 500km away, while the ‘backwards flight’ would only happen if your warp path would cross a warp bubble in either direction and you would end within a certain range of a warp bubble.

We’ll still need some tests or other proof.

1 Like

It always would, because I can’t warp to things below 150km distance.

1 Like

Clearly warping below 150km distance is not possible. But the article mentions 500km.

1 Like

Okay I tested it and it seems to be false.
“As such, a warp disruption field behind the ship that is starting a warp may cause the ship to turn around and warp to the disruption field behind it instead of the intended target.” is just wrong.

Testscenario:

Mobile warp disruptor 0km ----------- tac A 145km ----------------- tac B 300km

Warping from B to A lands me in the bubble instead of on A, as expected.
Warping from A to B, which is still in line of the drag bubble behind me and within 500km does nothing weird, I end up at B.

1 Like

Thanks. But what happens when the tac A is 155km from the Bubble (and tac B moved accordingly)? Just to be sure. Because in your test, it’s technical impossible to warp from A to the bubble.

1 Like

Good question, might be that a backwards warp is not happening because it’s less than 150km… but then again it’s possible to warp distances like 50km if you warp at range 100km to something 150km away so if the game mechanics are consistent I would guess that this 5km isn’t going to make any difference. (And possibly 5km more to make up for the range to the edge of the warp bubble.)

Anyway, I already unanchored my disruptor and removed the tacs. You can try if you want. :wink:

1 Like

If you warp backwards, do you go back in time?

1 Like

Alrighty, put a fork in this scam cus it’s done…

Just took a little time to play around on Sisi and test this out.

(T2LWD) — (200km Point A) — (450km Point B) — (600km Point C) — (75k km POCO)

Everything behaved as expected.

• Warping from just outside the bubble to the 200 works fine
  • Warping from the 200 to the 450 works fine, no warping backwards
  • Warping from the 450 to the 600 works fine, no warping backwards
  • Warping from any Point to the POCO works fine
  • Warping from the POCO to the 600 works fine
  • Warping from the POCO to 200 or 450 drags into the bubble
  • Warping from the POCO to within 100km of the 450 (which should be 550 and outside the bubble reach) drags into the bubble

So… working as expected. Article is BS. Bubbles do not drag backwards.
And apparently the 500km drag radius is based on the target point, even if you try and land short.

You’re welcome =)

3 Likes

never seen it.

1 Like

If you start your car and didn’t accelerate properly on a slope, you slide down
its kinda reasonable

1 Like

You are very helpful
bookmarked, i’ll use that as a reference

1 Like

That’s an interesting one, good to know!

1 Like