"bumping"

(Censored)

and the others?

All pnanetology player

Make a quick note because it is information I am about to censor. Unfortunately you do not receive pm

Itā€™s kind of irrelevant, since you didnā€™t post all of your characters anyway. Post them all and weā€™ll quickly see why you are whining for more safety from CCP.

Fine, do what you want. I realise youā€™re only generating flame anyway. Even if I showed you other players, you wouldnā€™t be happy. Because you would never know what I really am. Do whatever you want. But now you are taking the discussion to something else. And you are showing yourself to be very childish. What is it that you are afraid of losing your game?

Bumping is a non-issue, especially if you are not AFK, because the longest you can be bumped for is 3 minutes. If you are AFK, well, you get what you get.

Having said that, if you add a Higgs Rig and an active Industrial Core to your Orca, it will increase the mass of your ship from 150,000 tons to 3 million tons. Iā€™ve tried bumping Orcas that have that fit and they barely even move.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s already self-evident from this thread.

Afraid. Absolutely. The game has been continually nerfed of content by CCP and even though carebears like you, that donā€™t know how the game already works, come and cry in the forum for more safety, itā€™s never enough. You continue to cry for more safety.

The game should be risky. So absolutely Iā€™m afraid (but Iā€™m not a bumper, so not for this specific mechanic, but for the concept of what EVE is). Iā€™m afraid that the whiners like you will eventually have the game changed to the point that it no longer suits people that want a challenge or that feel that personal responsibility is one of the strengths of the game.

5 Likes

Calm down, miner.

2 Likes

For the singular reason and others have said. Bumping would destroy the servers as bumping would need to apply damage for anything to happen.

2 Likes

First off allā€¦ thereā€™s an Eve Online facebook community? I would ask what the culture is like, but it already doesnā€™t sound good. Also, tell the rest of facebook that their memes suck, and that they should really stop. Itā€™s as cringe as a 52 year old middle school teacher trying to use youth slang. Instead, they should focus on what they do bestā€¦ spreading misinformation and propaganda across the globe.

Second, bumping was already heavily nerfed, as you will automatically enter warp after 3 minutes. Soā€¦ I donā€™t knowā€¦ maybe use some other risk management strats so that you donā€™t make yourself an attractive target.

Third, as others have said, this would have unintended consequences. Of course, people keep bringing up Jita undock, but I would intentionally try to get bumped by others so that I could then aggress them legally. As many, many people have pointed out, before you propose an idea, you should ask yourself, ā€œhow might players abuse this?ā€

Fourth, this is how you do a meme:

Fifth, let me ask you this: Why donā€™t we donā€™t get 3 posts a week complaining about the immersion breaking aspect of submarine physics in mother ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  outer space?" Oh yeah, thatā€™s right. Itā€™s because the people who use this argument to nerf ganking donā€™t actually care about immersion; they just want to nerf ganking.

Finally, I donā€™t know if youā€™re pretending like you donā€™t care because you think it will help further your cause, or if youā€™re trying to avoid getting attacked by forum wolves. However, itā€™s obvious that you do care, and I ask you to please argue in good faith.

5 Likes

How do you tell the difference between an aggressive bump and an accidental one? Given how many times Iā€™ve had my titans bumped or been bumped off structures in capitals by accident, making any changes to make this some how an aggressive maneuver in the game would probably have a lot of bad downstream impacts.

The last bumping change had a huge impact on the ganking meta. I just donā€™t think thereā€™s a real reason to review it again.

9 Likes

That was the point in the article i linked.

Apparently outside of bumping, zero collision damage is fine according to the OP

OK, Bumping itā€™s and old topic, but.

But the situation is really getting out oh hand, IMHO.

When players of a ganking corp/alliance constantly camp Ice Belt systems.
And then constantly bump ships for weeks on end it gets to be really annoying.
You log in and there in system, you try mine the Ice for making Fuel Blocks, or whatever.
They show up in there bumping Omen fit to go 5000 m/s or in there Stabber fit to do 6000 m/s.
Bump your Orca and you have the Indy Core active, and bump you and bump you.
And you have the Indy Core timing down to warp off, and they just keep bumping you and the other ships.
Day after day it gets really old.
Oh we do go to other systems, Oh but they are in all the systems around you.
The other players get so mad at this B.S.
We have a dozen or more Moon Drills.
And the bumpers constantly bump your ships off the Moon belts.
This goes on for hours and hours and yet, we can not lock, load, fire or we get concorded.

There needs to be something that can be done, they wonā€™t Duel, or we would blow them up.

It is really getting frustrating out there.

Long time player Veteran 15 years of playing.

Where my corp mines and lives we never had a bumping issue. Sometimes gank patrols do show up but never what you were describing. This has to be like in central HS. But not dismissing your case. Itā€™s worse in some areas of HS itā€™s nonexistent in others. I would even go out on a limb to say your group did something to make someone so annoyed to bump you day in day out.

The reasons why this hasnā€™t been changed since CCP added warp vectors are quite clear in this thread What defines a criminal bump vs an accidental bump? How will the server handle all the extra calculations? The abuse issues.

To me I never had to live with constantly bumping as a miner. I personally think this is a subject better left alone. As if any changes come there will be major ripple effects.

2 Likes

Ganking group and all they do is bump?

Sounds like someone just has a beef with you, not a ganking group.

Put on your big boy pants. You donā€™t need a duel to engage them. Shoot them.

4 Likes

For someone who doesnā€™t care you surely spent a lot of time, effort and passion to counterargument everyone who said and explained why is your suggestion terrible idea. Someone isnā€™t honest here as always.

2 Likes
  • Option 1: You can gank them. From what I hear, ganking is cheap, easy, and risk free, and you can do it with alphas. So, I really shouldnā€™t have to list any more options. But, in the interests of completenessā€¦
  • Option 2: You can move (yes, it would be a pain, but there are areas with less bumper activity, and it is an option).
  • Option 3: Make it hard as possible to bump you, as well as do everything you can to signal to the bumpers that they are wasting their time.
    • Fit prop mods to barges.
    • When bumpers show up, dock the orca, and swap it to a porpoise with a prop mod fit. Have him orbit a rock (bumping a moving target is much, much more difficult).
      • Yes, this will hurt efficiency.
      • No, having to compromise efficiency in order to deal with PvP from other players does not inherently mean that there is something wrong with balance.
    • Do not do or say anything that might encourage the bumpers. The only thing they should be thinking is that they are wasting their time, and that there are easier targets out there.
    • Once they leave, switch back to the orca.
    • Repeat as necessary until they get the hint.

!!!Pay particular note to this!!!

If you have previously given them ā€œencouragementā€ (i.e. payment or tears), it will take them longer to lose interest. However, it is critical that you maintain your composure. Whether they are trying to extort you or salt mine, they are trying to make you frustrated. Thus, you need to make sure that you are doing nothing that would make them think that they are getting to you.

No matter what you do, however, I suggest you spend less time asking for your enemies to be nerfed, and more time trying to figure out counter play options.

Example Porpoise
  • 160mil
  • 78k EHP
  • 1.4 km/s
  • Cap stable with max skills
  • 96% boost strength of Orca w/out Indy Core
  • 83% Boost Strength of Orca w/ Indy Core

[Porpoise, Anti-Bump]

Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Large Shield Extender II
Cap Recharger II
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Mining Foreman Burst II, Mining Equipment Preservation Charge
Mining Foreman Burst II, Mining Laser Field Enhancement Charge
Mining Foreman Burst II, Mining Laser Optimization Charge
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Command Processor I
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

Hornet EC-300 x5
Ice Harvesting Drone II x1
Mining Drone II x5
Warrior II x5

Mining Foreman Mindlink

Mobile Tractor Unit x1

3 Likes

What rookie numbers are that?

1 Like

I would support bumping triggering a CONCORD response.

I could stop ganking and just focus on placing my ship in front of autopiloters.

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t know what true Bumping is unless you were bumping people back in 2004 2005. Sending a foe or corpmate hundreds or sometimes thousands of kilometers at near warp speeds was well interestingā€¦