Burner Loot Nerf: Confirmed ✖

(Arthur Aihaken) #1

I’ve been running various Burner missions for the past week or so and all I seem to get for Faction drops are ammunition (when I get the rare Faction drop, that is). Have the Burner loot drops been nerfed?

(Chainsaw Plankton) #2

just RNG being RNG probably. I had a really bad streak with no loot, and then a really good streak with some great drops, but that was about a month ago, so it’s possible they’ve done something since then.

(Khanid Voltar) #3

I seem to just get ammo drops from Angel Base and Blood Base. I sometimes get sweet drops from Serpentis Base still.

None of the Agents seem to anything other than ammo and skins

Team-wise, it seems to be Hawk>Enyo>Vengeance>Jaguar

My favourite two are the Hawk and the Serpentis Base, I never really expect to find much of anything from the rest.

[edit] I did wonder if the RNG was biased in favor of the agent offering the mission. E.G. I run missions for Gallente and the two goodies are the opposing Empire faction (Caldari) and the opposing Pirate Faction (Serpentis). But I am probably just reading things into it that aren’t there.

(Sinjin Pava) #4

I think the drops have been nerfed within the last several months. I’m still getting faction drops occasionally, but nowhere near the frequency I used to. I don’t think it’s simply a run of bad luck. The 3 Burner Talos mission seems to be the exception - those drops seem to be similar to what I’ve always gotten (which was always greater than the other burners).

(Arthur Aihaken) #5

@Sinjin_Pava I’m inclined to agree. The most I’ve seen are Faction ammunition drops. At least in high-sec. Yep, they’ve been nerfed:

@ISD_Sakimura
Using macros for ratting - allowed?
“It has indeed happened, from what I know of, Burner missions loot drops have been nerf’d a while back.”

RIP juicy Faction module drops.

(Anderson Geten) #6

I still find interesting loot here and there.

However I agree that the loot has been nerfed .

(Arthur Aihaken) #7

1000 Dread Gurista Scourge Rockets dropped for me.
That’s basically it.

(Anderson Geten) #8
Imperial Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer	1	Drone Tracking Enhancer		Low	5 m3	130 497 614,93 ISK
Republic Fleet Warp Scrambler	1	Warp Scrambler		Medium	5 m3	125 666 438,86 ISK
Republic Fleet Nanofiber Structure	1	Nanofiber Internal Structure		Low	5 m3	75 742 842,84 ISK
Shadow Serpentis 250mm Railgun	1	Hybrid Weapon	Medium	High	10 m3	24 282 122,33 ISK
Imperial Navy Adaptive Nano Plating	1	Armor Coating		Low	5 m3	22 610 254,54 ISK
Domination EM Ward Amplifier	1	Shield Resistance Amplifier		Medium	5 m3	19 940 603,77 ISK
Federation Navy 200mm Steel Plates	1	Armor Reinforcer		Low	10 m3	13 969 447,13 ISK
Shadow Serpentis Remote Tracking Computer	1	Remote Tracking Computer	Small	Medium	5 m3	12 179 429,21 ISK
Shadow Serpentis Remote Sensor Booster	1	Remote Sensor Booster	Small	Medium	25 m3	8 556 678,92 ISK
Imperial Navy Energized Kinetic Membrane	1	Armor Plating Energized		Low	5 m3	7 700 528,27 ISK
Federation Navy Light Electron Blaster	1	Hybrid Weapon	Small	High	5 m3	5 449 825,87 ISK

Over the last month, plus other things I sold (which were more expensive).

I switch a lot of places according to lp stores, so this is just a part of what I found.

(Rocket Hellfire) #9

Were you under the impression that burner loot was ever worth it??

I’m sorry. We thought you knew.

(Kaivarian Coste) #10

How much does this affect isk/hr?

(Arthur Aihaken) #11

No idea. I never counted loot in ISK/hour.

(Sinjin Pava) #12

I don’t think it has much impact. Faction drops were always a small percentage of the value. I haven’t actually measured it though. My sense is 10-20m isk/hr less than it was several months ago maybe - if you’re speed running them that is.

(Chainsaw Plankton) #13

considering I’ve gotten a bunch of faction damage mods, scrams, webs, drone nav comps, sensor boosters, tracking comps, ship bpcs, and whatever else yea I’d say it’s worth something. Of course there are a handful of cheap faction resist plating and hardeners that aren’t worth much, or guns/launchers that are annoying to sell.

also I don’t take everything ISD says as being 100% true, No idea if they are referencing a nerf from a month ago, or 3 years ago.

also no idea, I always considered them nice bonus drops and never seriously recorded them. Usually when I run burners it’s to zone out or test a new fitting, don’t want to spend time logging stuff.

Would probably need to do a 50+ hour run to get a decent idea of value of the drops. My usual 2-3 hour runs work alright for checking isk/lp gains, but drops will massively impact that in an unreproducible way.

(Anderson Geten) #14

I got something around 3M average per burner.
Yeah, that is considering the loots of shadow serpentis DC from the talos, the tracking computer, etc.

However I feel like this changes according to the place you are doing the run.

(DeMichael Crimson) #15

Well, whenever CCP adds new content they always make it heavy with good loot drops, that basically draws players into engaging with that content. Then after a while CCP re-adjusts / lowers the loot drop table and players will still continue doing the content in the hope of getting what they previously got.

It’s all about chasing the dragon.

:wink:

(Khanid Voltar) #16

I’m not sure what opiate abuse has to do with this but whatever floats your boat I guess :joy:

(DeMichael Crimson) #17

I’m using it as a metaphor.

Basically means continue doing the content in a futile attempt to regain what was previously had.

(Anderson Geten) #18

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Chasing_the_Dragon

:wink:

(Croonical) #19

Is it me or loots are back ?

Got 3 loots since yesterday. I didn’t get any for 2 weeks.

(system) #20

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.