Burner mission needs rebalance? What has being going on?

Had Rocket and Lights being nerfed?

I don’t know how many nerf had been going on in the last four years, I used to get Burners missions done by T2 Assault frigs, the least expensive possible, but still quite expansive. Now It seems that my old fits are no longer viable. So either some massive nerfs had been put up, or the Burner missions had been pimped up. I just run the Sansha mission, and lost a Wolf. That is enough for me to ring a massive alarm.
I took a Jaguar and brawled in. OH webs.,scram, AB, 200 EM DPS Rockets. Small Active shield and Assault unit.
No way to scratch him. Pulled out drones this time and warped off at hull breached.
Am I supposed to use lev 5 implants and high grade drugs plus a 1B frig to take that thing down?

“supposed” dunno. But yes that should be enough. Up to you to find out what is actually doable.

1 Like

Are you aware of the Surgical Strike update?

2 Likes

surgical nuke …
Yes and I reworked all my fits, I have all the money required to make the changes, just not willing to pay 10B right now for the low amount of farm that I actually do.

Did I reply to you? Meant to reply to OP.

Regardless, 10bil in addition to your initial investment? Makes me suspect burners might need to be toned down a bit. Of course, I haven’t really noticed a lot of people complaining about the difficulty of burners (or any other PvE content) since the update. Did people switch to easier content, just increase their bling and soldier on, or what?

dunno.

Personally I make over one B of net benefit per day for less than 30 min or gameplay, so farming 1H for 500M/h (without loot) is just meh. Even with 3 alts so 1B5 per hour it’s not really interesting. Burners burn your fun.

IMO that’s more the case : only bots can keep doing the same thing for so long. Or you need to have activity more relaxed, but then you can’t make 500M/h.

Nope. Thank you.

The rewards for burner missions are supposed to be dynamically calculated. If everybody stops doing them, the payout should go up.

2 Likes

I’m not in the mood to spend 500MIl on a Burner frig ship. Too risky. I have been doing some Burner missions in T1 frigs with T2 fits when they first came out. Gallente. But I also had Surgical strike implant L5. Which I don’t anymore.

Succubus I’d updated the fit to this. 180DPS at 17Km falloff. Mostly Grazes. Can’t break Shield tank anymore. Before I had triple Tracking enhancer in low and a light T2 Jav missiles also. It would take me 5+ min but it was doable. I feel this fit would not even graze. Even before It had missed hits here and there.

Anyone has done Succubus lately with this WOLF fit or similar recently?

[Wolf, BURNER SANSHA UPDATE 2020]
Small Armor Repairer II
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer
Centum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane << Could swap this for AFCU or another tracking but would not be tanked any more

Tracking Computer II
Small Cap Battery II

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Anti-Thermal Pump II <<<< I could swap this for More tracking or Burst.

Optimal Range Script x1
Tracking Speed Script x1
Republic Fleet EMP S x6613
Barrage S x4800

My JAGUAR Fit that proved to be useless. 215 DPS but none hit the target. Too fast anyway with everything applied and OH, It still was 1500 m/s and my top speed 900… So the web could not lock.
May use Sansha Webber but 250 MIl… Too much risk involved, but at least you have drones that could give you a window to escape… still overly expensive for casual runners like me. If rockets could get a velocity buff, compensated with less flight time, It might be possible this fit could be an option without investing in Sansha equipment.

[Jaguar, SANSHA KILLER]
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System
EFFA Compact Assault Damage Control
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
1MN Civilian Afterburner
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor
Small Shield Booster II
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Acolyte I x2
Warrior I x2

Mjolnir Rage Rocket x2150
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x150

Pfft. I tried burner missions. Pop. Pop. Pop, went all my ships. I even went online once and watched videos. Pop. Pop. Pop.

I lost interest after that.

1 Like

I’d barely lost a single ship in the past, Just against the Worm, with suicide T1 fits. And Succubus. Never used Dramiels. All AF. There is also Triglavian now, which I’m completely untrained and new to it.
All AF were consistent in doing a good job. It took me time and effort. I’m trying to wrap my head around as I still do not get all updates have not affected Burners, but only players. I’m not going to give up easily.

I’ve had 0 success in burner missions with AFs. I’m following this thread as I’m hoping that there can be some useful info in here that might make these missions not just challenging, but also fun.

It’s not.

It’s been at the beginning, but then it’s been set. That’s why the worm is the first and worst mission, while the other burners all have same reward.

How? You get a fixed bounty and LP payout, no matter what. I don’t see how could go up the reward.

did you eve asked yourself why does the guristas burner have a lower LP/isk reward than the other ones ?

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a reference to the fluctuating value in the things LP buy, so there is a following the market effect

No it’s not.

Sansha burners needs a Dramiel with faction webs. With the latest buffs to hybrid, it melts the rat faster than ever.

YES(Post must be at least 5 characters)

5mn MWD, 1 scram, one web, dual armor rep, cap rigs. Good luck!