Call for a Vote of No Confidence in Minmatar Ambassador Keitan Yun

Yeah, so, remember where I said ‘not helping your case’? Good example, cuz this does exactly that: not help.

If we’re not there, then not only are we left unprotected in that regard, but the Federation is now at a disadvantage, 2:1, when it comes to decisions about things like ‘hey, the Empire wants CONCORD to levy sanctions against the Fed and Republic for not trading with them after Kahah’.

And while they can veto, that’s not a thing you want to do constantly, or your rivals quickly start maneuvering you so that vetoing the thing you want to kill also hurts you.

Great idea! Name a few.

It’s not a shortcoming. Again, the system you’ve decided we shouldn’t participate in is what keeps trillions of people from dying as a result, mostly, of us and the Empire feuding. And if those trillions do start to die, most of them will be Minmatar, on both sides.

For the record, when I said older, I intended to say exactly that.

1 Like

It’s not like you help your own case.

Does OP still think that Ambassador Keitan Yun is ineffective in light of today’s news? I for one am pleasantly surprised that the Caldari’s results supported Yun’s claims. I would have thought that the Caldari would provide cover for the Amarr, but we see that relations between the 2 are fraying.

2 Likes

And wouldn’t that just re-write future freakin’ history.

Given the recent news it’s probably true what’s said about that in foreign affairs there exists no such thing as permanent allies or enemies, only permanent interests.

It would be pretty funny if the Federation and Empire take off the facade and when given the choice between ideological consistency or the pursuit of power choose power and ally with each other even at the cost of being called hypocrites.

1 Like

Not even those.

Just suggesting this indicates you have no idea what the pursuit of power is. Where the Federation and Empire are concerned, the pursuit of power is only in respect to one another. Either one could roll over either of the smaller powers, if they set their minds to it and were willing to pay the price. It’s the other expansionist power where they can’t afford to lose relative ground.

Thus, they will never ally with one another, because under no circumstances will they take action that might empower the other. It has nothing to do with ideological consistency, and everything to do with power.

I’ll admit I’ve never had much interest in chasing power so I’ve never had much need to understand it. I just think political leadership in the Federation and Empire is corrupt and self-serving enough that an alliance of convenience isn’t wholly out of the question.

I mean, Federal and Imperial self-interest was the whole reason CONCORD was created in the first place. An alliance would just be taking that self-interest further. Get room to deal with each other’s “rebels” while deferring confrontation to some future date after.

1 Like

The thing is, the Federation and the Empire are the 2 largest, most powerful Empires in New Eden. It’s just not in their self interest to ally unless someone bigger came in to threaten both and require their combined efforts to have a chance at surviving. The only way that is happening, is if Terrans suddenly made their way back.

The recent revelations of Amarr spying only serve to reinforce my concerns about the motivations and actions of Ambassador Yun and the Amarr government. It is clear that their efforts to gather intelligence and undermine the Caldari State have further destabilized an already fragile diplomatic situation.

As a member of the Minmatar people, I believe it is essential to prioritize our own interests and security in the face of such threats. We cannot afford to be complacent or naive in our dealings with the Amarr and their representatives. It is imperative that we take a strong and principled stance in defense of our sovereignty and independence.

Ultimately, it is my hope that the Caldari State and allies of the Minmatar people will stand with us in this fight against oppression and injustice. We must remain vigilant and united in the face of these challenges if we hope to secure a better future for ourselves and future generations of Minmatar.

Keitan Yun, honestly, has one of the hardest jobs in the cluster. CONCORD is constructed in a way that more or less guarantees deadlock between the powers on an overwhelming number of extremely pressing issues that people care about. Because of the realities of the cluster, the Republic needs to send a delegate to the Assembly in order to be able to assert diplomatic leverage on the other powers in a multitude of circumstances.

But because of the ‘status quo’ nature of CONCORD mentioned by Elsebeth and Arrendis spoke about here, it’s really easy for passionate individuals to attribute the weakness of CONCORD on certain issues as Ambassdor Yun’s personal failings, which I think is entirely unfair.

I also think that with today’s news, Yun comes off as looking better than ever, honestly. I’m not quite sure what stances Yun is allegedly advocating for that aren’t “strong and principled” or “in defense of sovereignty and independence.”

It’ll be interesting to see what’s touched upon in the Caldari-Minmatar Security Conference.

4 Likes

You realize that this construction implies Yun was working for the Amarr, right?

How else would you describe the maidenless behavior where he burst out in front of Matari’s enemies and let spill all that we know?

So if someone commits a crime against another, we should just remain silent? All he did was accuse the Amarr of spying on the Caldari. The Amarrian response is what was childless. Exposing a crime isn’t spilling secrets. Yun’s actions lead to the Caldari to look into the accusations and they found merit in them, and as a result the relations between the Caldari and the Amarr have been frayed and the Republic’s position has been strengthened, leading to talks with the Caldari.

1 Like

First, I would say that you have no idea what ‘we know’. Nor do I. That means that while we cannot say with any surety that he did not ‘spill all that we know’, we equally cannot make any credible claim that he did.

Unless you are claiming to have access to all of our sensitive intelligence?

Second, Yun is an experienced diplomat, acting on behalf, and at the direction, of the Tribal Council. He knows what he is and is not authorized to reveal. Moreover, he is pushing their agenda, not his own. An Ambassador who goes around pushing only his own agenda gets recalled so quickly, you wouldn’t have time to whine about him. The fact that he has been in his job for so very long indicates that he knows what he’s doing, and the Council approves.

Please, stop being feckless quite so loudly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.