Can anyone teach an old dog new tricks?

2006 entrant. Over the last decade I have yoyo’d in and out of Eden. Having been mostly an industrialist, I wanted to learn PvP. Many corps offered to train me until my indy skill was uncovered.

What I need is a corp where they genuinely teach these skills in the EU TZ. I have pretty much maxed missile skills, high drone skills, can fly almost any sub cap (except Amarr) and have a vast collection of; wait, I don’t have any BPO or BPCs’. None!

I do have way more than 100 mill sp though. I just need someone to show me how to use them.

I have just taken out a one month sub and would like to use it to learn PvP. Any takers?

1 Like

Hey @Alyssah

I think our group Filthy Peasants may fit what you are looking for.

We’re a lowsec/0.0 pvp corp that lives in the Solitude region. Our group is a very casual/relaxed pvp centered alliance that likes to have fun and provide good opportunities for our members to make isk on the side. While most of us are experienced pvpers we are very open to helping people learn to pvp and accept questions people have before/during/after fleets. We also have many solo/small gang pvpers who will invite others to roam or join their ops for fun and experience.

We also have plenty of isk making opportunities in Solitude such as the standard missions/ratting/exploration but also high value moon mining, ice mining, and any non-super cap industry are at your disposal.

I’ll also be upfront and say that the majority of our activity is in the US TZ beginning 18:00-05:00 EVE times. If that doesn’t work for your play times I understand completely but if you’re available at all during the times on week days you should definitely stop by our public channel Open Filth for a chat.

2 Likes

Sure dude!

Our EUTZ guys are learning and improving on microgang, and it’d be super easy to jump right in. Microgang is 2-5 man gangs focused on fighting outnumbered through means of force multipliers, mechanical skill, and choosing your fights.

Outside of that, in late EUTZ you’d get plenty of fleet PvP. Great environment to learn in.

1 Like

You should consider Shepards of Mettle! They are a returning player friendly corp within the Federation Uprising alliance, which is a Nullsec PVP alliance based in Immensea as part of Legacy Coalition. We’re more than happy to get you back on your feet and help you utilize those skills.

We also have extensive industrial infrastructure as well.

If you’re interested in learning more about SHOM, here’s our public recruitment Discord: FEDUP Public

Alyssah,

Sons of Luminaire is a new but exciting, forward-thinking, blue sky, outside the box, very cool and go-getter corporation based in the Black Rise region of low-sec. We are all European, so timezone won’t be an issue.

What we do is low-sec, faction warfare, pirate-filthery and PVP and not much else.

Typically I look for people who already have some PVP experience when it comes to recruitment-- but given you can fly a good variety of ships already, and likely have a good understanding of EVE mechanics in general (even if they’re not PVP mechanics), that we could work on getting you into PVP pretty rapidly.

We’re not really a training corp, but I think the best way to learn PVP is with a group of people who already have a pretty good understanding of it rather than being lost in a sea of other newbros. Of course, the onus then is on you to make sure you learn, and fast.

Hit me up on our Discord if you fancy talking about it more.

1 Like

hi
did you find any thing ? come by our discord or join our public channel in game: Mea Culpa.

1 Like

Bokbok @Alyssah ,

welcome back to Eve! A lot has changed since you last played. do you know about https://updates.eveonline.com/, which can show you what updates have happened over the years?

When you have a chance, I’d love to talk to you about Fweddit ORGNC.

My corp runs Free Range Chikuns, our small and independent poultry loving US/Late EU NS/LS alliance that specializes in blops drops, cap drops, and small gang fights.

Anyways, come into discord so we can chat, and ask for me, niv (CEO). Or if I’m not on, ask for my lovely assistants by typing @Human Resources

Fweddit ad’s here for reference

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the interest so far. I would emphasize that uk/eu T/Z is important as is willingness to teach PvP not just ‘join in’. There have been a lot of recent changes and I am in no way caught up.

Also note that I can fly anything up to and including ‘Black ops’ and have a stealth bomber that does 630+dps at 70km. Not that it gets much use.

Thanks again for the interest.

2 Likes

And it’s 144 mill sp.

1 Like

Oh no! I’ve started ME’ing large bpos’, and making T2 rigs. Surely someone needs a PvP learner? I need rescued.

Hey

Maybe you should look at Evian Industries, We are looking for new Capsuleers of nearly all experience levels.

Newbro and BitterVet friendly, We don’t require much; but an SEAT is needed. A background check will be performed. We want people who want to work as part of a team, to forge something bigger together!

We operate in Nullsec. We are mainly an Industrial corp, doing ratting, mining, PI, building and a little PvP.

We try to have different fleets up whenever we can. Our members range from longtime players to new players.

We have a mature and friendly community with a relaxed atmosphere. All time zones are welcome and we are the sort that understand that RLl comes first. We have members in both US, EU and Aussie TZ

We can offer comms, slack, Ship Replacement Program on alliance ops, PVE and small pvp fleets, a BluePrint Copy program and a Buyback Program for Ore and Salvage

We are looking to expand our pvp effort in corp and alliance, More pilots helping with teaching and flying in fights would be great. If you want to be part of this join our public channel “Evian Ind Recruitment” so we can start to get to know each other (mentioned you have been contacted, or contact “Dixie Diamond WhiteSamoyed” ingame)

Best Regards

Evian Industries

Will be in touch

Aly

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.