Can Ganking be done in lowsec?

Yeah.

I settled on a caveat. Shank(ed for put of empire).

I am on the its not gank out of empire side long ago. Out of empire pvp happens lol.

Some may not like their abhazon shanking. Okay…why the hell is one there in the first place. Map out next low/jhgh interface sec down the road and use that.

Or roll them dice its not camped. And accept the snakes eyes roll if ships goes boom.

1 Like

I don’t get why these discussions always get so heated. I’m happily AFK mining in the Uusasai constellation enjoying the games soundtrack. Who even cares about low sec?

As far as teaching the jargon goes, I’m all for informing people of the generally accepted meaning inside the Eve community and letting them choose to use it that way, but I would still think it silly to butt into a friendly conversation that was none of your business as the opportunity to teach it. But no, just offering the information in itself does not put you into that third group.

I can’t think of a word that can’t be used to misrepresent the truth. If people decide for themselves to use the word ‘gank’ to describe any loss anywhere and they understand one another, I don’t have any issue with this in itself. The ‘psy ops’ you speak of would irk me because it’s a deliberate misrepresentation and I would point that out. The astute part of what Altara said is that it was the intention that matters, not the word itself.

I think it is right to interject and call out a person who knows the jargon and is intentionally taking advantage of the ambiguity between the jargon and the standard definition to cause a misunderstanding or misrepresent the actual facts. Informing people of the jargon is also helpful in that it helps people to be understood by others in the know. I draw the line at making the jargon definition absolute even when people are speaking earnestly with no intention to deceive.

I do appreciate the context. Now I know why people seem to care about this particular posting.

1 Like

gank

verb

ˈgaŋk

ganked; ganking; ganks

transitive verb

for one to have stolen something; to get jacked

I just ganked the shoes right off that whinebaby–Zaera Keena

You broke into my catalyst … you ganked my Xbox, which may as well have been my first-born child.—Zaera Keena

to get jumped or killed by someone of a much higher skill lvl in a MMORPG

to be robbed of something in the most scumbaggish way possible. Differs greatly from having things taken from you by ladies or gentlemen who do so using ethical and honorable methods.

Well yes…it’s not part of the reason, it is the entire reason. This pretend ‘vote’ is no real vote at all. It is even worded with bias in it. It is the usual suspects who want to turn Eve into Farmville because they either cannot cope with PvP or are useless at it or are just jealous that others are good at it.

Such people do not need a vote. They need to be told the door is that ===> way.

1 Like

Because some people have an agenda of misrepresenting the game as having them only, so they need everything to only relate to themselves. So following their propaganda, “ganking” must mean their ganking, just as mining must mean their mining. That’s how they can pretend to not be stupid when claiming miner are AFKs and the game is only PVP.

There is no problem with their activities when the language cannot even express the problem to start with.

Here is an example of that delusional state of mind :

I’ve flown a lot in Lowsec and have never heard of any PvP there called ganking, even when I was hunting explorers in relic sites, when discussing with other lowsec inhabitants.

Then

Who are these people?

Trying to misrepresent reality as those people not existing.

These seem very reasonable. Thanks for the back and forth to explore this more, I appreciate it.

1 Like

There is no problem to start with. It’s a PvP game and…shock horror…people do PvP in it. Trying to snip the game up into bits that are ‘fair’ or otherwise is on par with complaining that knights can jump over pieces in chess. Well, yes they can…that’s the game rules you signed up for !

That is really all that needs saying on the matter…everything else is just so much word salad verbal diarrhea.

1 Like

Awesome video LOL :joy:

Yes I think your rights suicide seems to get dropped and people make what’s left "ganking " a derogatory term or a badge of honor in high sec

Low and the rest say oh we got ganked to try and deflect that they got out maneuvered and out scouted because they suck . Most of us know what we did wrong if we get killed but play the ,oh I was ganked card makes it seem oh it was mean gankers .

Any combat in low is just fighting and what eve is about.

No I think it’s high sec gankers who are happy that other PvP is being called ganking so it reduces the impact of high sec attacks . Like some said about op, a troll

Notice who’s missing from this thread

Is this a conspiracy theory?

Waiting for both @Ax_l_Thorne & @Destiny_Corrupted to attend your debate!

I can’t post on the forums right now, I’m on vacation.

Yes , they take away your shiny toy

You are funny @Githany_Red , that made me laugh.

1 Like

True or not, gankers and CCP aren’t going to mind watering down of the word that shall not be named.

Scary isn’t it, like Aiko ?

1 Like

I never knew Githany could jump a shark…

:surfing_man:t2:

…or as I call it, gank the wave.

You mean grief the wave. :blush: :smirk: :innocent:

Hey…anti gankers can jump the shark and nuke the fridge both at the same time.

What happens when the weaker (underdog) wins? Is that considered a gank? Would it be considered a reverse gank-gank?

As in, when a defenseless venture takes out a pvp fit executioner?

Also note, this guy jumped me. Not the other way around.