Can players who aren't active have strong opinions about Eve?

just like arseholes, everyones got one. :eyes:

I’m trying to understand your logic.

Maybe not being active is the passive/aggressive way of expressing your opinion.

As in, “Fix your ■■■■■■■ game and I’ll re-sub!”

Lol, we all know that’s not gonna happen.

The worst thing for me as someone who feels strongly about the game is that you know inside that your opinions don’t matter one bit to the Devs, so you feel powerless, that’s why you eventually quit.

Strong opinions? Yes.
Valuable opinions? No.

2 Likes

You should just send me your stuff :slight_smile:

Clearly you have figured out that EVE is not the game you THOUGHT it was, it is the game we all told you it was.

Throw another fish back into The River Fodder. :rofl:

Don’t think too hard… you will hurt yourself!

2 Likes

Going from what some ex-players I know have said, then as long as there is surprise PVP then they’re not coming back.
So perhaps there are two main groups:
Those for whom there is too much pvp
and those who feel the game is too soft now.

And they are diametrically opposed, so who do you listen to?

3 Likes

That’s where the smart people at CCP need to make a call if it’s a 50:50 split.

I don’t think it is a 50:50 split, but that may be due to my own biases reading certain opinions more than others.

So ultimately, it’s what CCP would see on the whole, including from the voices of former loyal customers who have temporarily won EVE (and hopefully not permanently).

That’s not hard, you listen to the ones paying you not the ones who quit.

So listen to the minority and not the majority. I know eve is a niche game, but you have to make some concession to popular opinion.

1 Like

No you don’t. You play to your audience.

2 Likes

And because you can’t please everyone, you pick who your audience is.
I wonder if CCP is changing, every so slowly, who their desired audience is.

Why do that? In that world they have to keep coming up with content patches every few months, lot of work, pressure, stress.

The way it is now we kill each other and call it content, they kick back and watch.

Why would anyone want to screw that up? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think they’ve changed from developer driven to business driven.

It’s kind of a natural progression from the original developer group who set out to make a game, to a multinational business that needs to maintain itself. In the process, business needs now have higher priority.

Means that whatever the future of development, it will be in the direction of meeting what the non-developer parts of the business say are the requirements.

1 Like

I don’t believe that it is has to be an active player logging into the game more frequent than someone logging into the game one or twice a month. The larger picture is the most important factor and knowing the community what they want would hold the stronger opinions about the game.

1 Like

And this is major problem of EVE community. “You don’t play for decade, don’t have thousands of alts so your voice don’t matter”.

As casual player, how much hours per day I need to grind to be able to say something? And what activity mean in EVE how big is your zkill? I must be another “pro” PvP guy whose ego walks 5m in front of him?

Numbers don’t make you better player or more informed player. It’s about person itself.

3 Likes

None. Everyone can say whatever they want and no one is better or worse than you. We all have our own circumstances and they are all equal.

4 Likes

Silence, scrublord! :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t say anything like that in the OP.

I simply said active player. Active can mean a few hours a week.

I didn’t say obsessive gamer which would fall into the category of players with a thousand alts as you said, or focusing on zkill numbers.

An active player is one who actively participates in and supports the franchise, so doesn’t his or her opinions have more weight in endorsing the franchise?