This needs to stop already. Lazy players ruining the sites for everyone.
It seems greedy to take everything so I like to leave a can or two for other players to enjoy.
<3
You too can stop cherry pickers!
I recommend a rocket/blaster Nemesis or Manticore. I’ve heard good things about the smartbomb Proteus too but have yet to try that myself against explorers.
There should be a despawn timer. At this point this is just griefing/trolling of low-D energy, no-life players.
There is a despawn timer.
It’s just not 0, because if it were you get awful situations where if you cloak up because a hostile player appears to combat probe you you immediately see your site in progress despawn.
The despawn timer is a bit more reasonable than that and sites that have been started will disappear soon.
You’re just a bit too early.
Luckily there’s something you can do against this situation, which is to let your hatred of cargo scanners fuel your efforts to chase those explorers in rocket bombers or combat-fit Asteros and Pacifiers.
Good luck!
Cherry Picking is PVP in a PVP game. Live with it. The fact that you do not know that any site in EVE has a timer that starts as soon as you trigger the relevant conditions only shows you have lots to learn and lots more to learn to live with.
No matter the acid joke, this is kinda a feature, being a douche to other is an EVE feature.
I see a lot of “I want streamlined experience”, while I understand, it’s of poor taste, there are other games to play.
I also totally understand the frustration of “exploration”, it’s, AT BEST, worded wrong. There’s simply no exploration at all, but a run for the resources, pillaging would be a better word.
Ofc it’s hard to distinguish between behind hurt people and real frustrated pvers, both have the wrong view about the game, but only one has a valid complain.
Because pillagers do that on purpose to make the competition waste time giving them an edge, so the mechanic is working as intended.
I can only agree with the answer and categorize the OP as a sad looser. The rules are clear, I consider exploration the worst activity in EVE, most people doing it already have their particular route / time to run their sites.
To combat this menace I suggest a “Carbon Banker” achievement for collecting 10000 carbon. Worth 10 points and rewards 5 PLEX plus a unique Astero SKIN.
For alphas, yes.
For omega I recommend the good old fight fire with fire, let other douches just nuke sites, so if they not gonna win, they can just nuke it, with a side bonus of a collateral kill mail. Not sure if CONCORD should intervene, “I didn’t know he was there” is very EVE like.
hint: I’M JOKING, lol.
Rail Tengu is better, insta lock, insta pop.
If you’re going to spend time waiting for the decloak targeting delay and lock time, I prefer an arti loki. More alpha, good to one-shot frigates.
Rail Tengus are nice for longer ranges, but neither are instant and both these options allow an aware explorer to warp off.
Bombers and smartbombs give no time to respond.
With 3 sentient sebos they have to be very fast to avoid the first volley.
Targeting speed may be high, but in any non-bomber ship there’s a 5 or 6 second decloak targeting delay which is plenty for an aware explorer to warp off.
Bombers and smartbombs do not have that delay.
Indeed, but for survivability sniping is better and the delay is still acceptable.
I don’t understand the problem.
I agree with the OP…
People who scan / cherry pick specific cans and leave the site active are only cutting down their own chance to get more loot… Basically the total amount of sites respawning within that area is lowered which in turn lowers the total amount of loot available for them to collect…
DMC
o7
Other random players are not responsible for your enjoyment of the game. They can improve their income and security while at the same time making it more time consuming and annoying for you, which also helps them.
Nobody owes you anything.
To stop cherry pickers is abolutely easy.
Just block any can content to be taken until the last can on the grid is hacked. Whoever does the first (successful)hack ‘owns’ the site.
Easy…
Put the content of any hacked can automatically into an unhackable, undestructable can and open that can if said conditions are met.
Easy…
If the ship of the owner is destroyed by a ganker move said can automatically to the the home station of the owner.
Anything you hack is yours.
And no shortcuts by scanning content…
What if you’re not setting up shop in the area and just hit the good stuff and then filament to a different area?
Seems like it’s someone else’s problem, then! ![]()
He’s furious that other explorers are hacking only the cans containing valuable items, and leaving the ones that contain worthless junk, it’s hilarious and the primary reason to bother cargo scanning.

